No start!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start!!!

Need help here my daily driver m42 wont start checked ignition and everything is fine. So it is a fuel problem, I get no sound from the fuel pump when i turn the ignition on.

where is the fuel pump relay?
    anything else i should check?

Any input helpful need it back on road by monday at the very latest.
    E30 325ix 62k

Remove the head :roll:

M42s dont run fuel pumps until the car is cranking, there is no 'prime'

Check the most common issues; Crank Reference Sensor, Coil pack, Throttle Postition Sensor

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

fuel pump is the problem so solved. Need cheap fuel pump anyone?
      E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
        Remove the head :roll:

M42s dont run fuel pumps until the car is cranking, there is no 'prime'
        Mine runs briefly when ignition "on," before "start." Whether this is correct operation or not, I don't know, but I'm damn sure it's the fuel pump making the noise, and I have no running or drivability issues, so I dunno?

My M20 doesn't do this, I know that for sure.
        The current fleet:
        1992 325ic: 148k-171k miles
        1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4WD, 114k-142k miles
        1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes Powerslot (not a car :D) PCM Ford 351W, 904 hours

Comment

Originally posted by strad View Post
          Mine runs briefly when ignition "on," before "start." Whether this is correct operation or not, I don't know, but I'm damn sure it's the fuel pump making the noise, and I have no running or drivability issues, so I dunno?

My M20 doesn't do this, I know that for sure.
          My M42's fuel pump definitely primes when ignition is "on" before "start." Can really hear it if the back seat is off.

Have to love the E24... and the E30 of course.

Comment

this sounds strange but i think early build 91 318s had the priming fuel pump, Because my slightly newer(months) 318 doesnt prime but runs fine too.
            sigpic

Comment

mine does it on and off, its a relay thing that i haven't quite figured out yet because if you ground out the afm then it will start priming...

Comment

mine primes, better hope coil back isnt dead $$$ unless you can find used

Comment

i would go with this. if you havnt found the problem yet, check your relay and your crank reference sensor. i havnt had my 318 very long, so i dont know if they have the crank sensor, but on my 325is this went out and drove me nuts for six months. i finally sold it and the guy fixed the same day.

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
                  this sounds strange but i think early build 91 318s had the priming fuel pump, Because my slightly newer(months) 318 doesnt prime but runs fine too.

Comment

Working...
                  X