What happened to the COM????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the COM????

I enjoy reading the car of the month articles myself and I do think Its a very positive thing for the board itself. A great way for the community to learn more about each other too.
    turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
    Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

I felt the same way, but I think it took a lot of sifting through thousands of good looking cars and not enough build threads to back them up. With that said, I also remember JasonC saying something about looking for a person, who wanted to take on the task and to PM him if intersted.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

well why cant there be a submission thread to get your car nominated? i also liked the car of the month threads, they should definitely be brought back.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
        well why cant there be a submission thread to get your car nominated? i also liked the car of the month threads, they should definitely be brought back.
        Cause everyone and their bother would be wanting to have threir car as the COTM. But i brought something up with the staff about the COTM matter at hand here. So i guess we will see what happens.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

well isn't that the point of a submission thread. and the moderators can go through looking at each submission and pick out the very best one? i think this would be much easier on your guys part.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

What about, making submissions the last 5-10 days of the month and then the staff decides on the beat one at the begining of the following month?
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

how about pick 4-5 cars, post them on the site home page, let everyone vote.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post

Then it takes away from the suprise! :p

Comment

Devon I like your Idea. I would love to vote that be awsome
                  sigpic

1989 Toyota Liteace- Surf Mobile Forsale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215019
                  2012 Porsche 911 Black Edition-Sold
                  2007 E-Class 350 -Sold

Comment

The staff has talked about this before and we think it was best if only the mods picked the cars. Although there toward the end it was me picking the cars... It does give a little surprize to who will be picked when the staff would do it, unlike if the board did it. I had a few cars lined up, but they was being redone and they wasnt ready for any threads to be made. And i just got tired of trying to deside on who's/what car to pick there toward the end of the COTM run. And i'm not trying to make the other mods look bad for not throwing on a hand. Cause they too got a life out side of here, and thats some of what happened to me also.

I'd like to see this get a going again, and i'm waiting for a reply from the staff. I dont hang on here as much as i use to, but still get on at least once a day. And i haven't even had an e30 for 2 years now.
                    Last edited by JasonC; 07-28-2011, 07:04 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Ok, just got the news... We got someone lined up to do the job of making the COTM threads. So i'll get with him and lets see where this goes!!!!

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

awesome! keep us posted!

my feedback thread

Comment

So, I'll be taking this over.

My guidelines for picking the members will be based on forum participation. While there are cool cars all over the world that are posted here, we want to single out the users that "give" back to the community, not just posting update pictures every year or something.

Criteria will include: personal build thread(s) (more detailed the better), informative threads (how to do this or do that), constructive criticisms on other members builds/threads (no dickhead comments) and overall dedication to the E30, R3V and other members.

I think this helps take away from the randomness of the cars I can pick and base it more on those who "deserve" it, if you will.

I'll be posting the first such member tonight!
                          *edit, tomorrow!
                          Last edited by BrewCity11; 08-01-2011, 03:40 PM.
                          turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

awesome! can't wait to see and read it!

my feedback thread

Comment

Sorry for the tease guys. We are going to post the next on for Sept 1st.

Cheers
                              turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X