Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry typo 390ish Hp and a couple ticks over 400ft/lbs and yeah they are heavy, at about 5800lbs in US trim, my J80 is about 5k......
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-17-2016, 09:59 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

ah ok no worries- yeah then 400hp in a few-ton SUV with 4WD feels about right. it's got juice, but it's also got weight.

you're right though, it's a good truck. not mad that they offered this at the same price. i will be a bit cramped if i have to sleep in it, but damn it feels capable.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

All right sleeve, I've gotta give it up. Montana is fucking beautiful.

I'm sitting at Metals in Butte trying your local IPAs with the Irish nachos for lunch.

If I found one of those tech jobs that let me work 100% remote, I'd live here.
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

I'm sitting at Metals in Butte trying your local IPAs with the Irish nachos for lunch.

I have family from a small city in Montana called Wyoming (joke). It too is darn near as beautiful as Montana. I spent many months of my youth up in Cody and all around north western Wyoming. Would move there in an instant too.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

The entire PNW is beautiful, I love backpacking at Glacier National Park. shame the glaciers will be all melted in the next 10-15 years.... due to Global Warming
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
              I have family from a small city in Montana called Wyoming (joke). It too is darn near as beautiful as Montana. I spent many months of my youth up in Cody and all around north western Wyoming. Would move there in an instant too.
              I might try to find a route through WY on the way back. I'm taking the 15 out as a symbolic gesture; it's the veterans memorial freeway.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

You have not even made it to the best part of the state yet lol
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  You have not even made it to the best part of the state yet lol
                  I hadn't at the time. Got through the rest and am in Miles City for the night. On-site tomorrow. God damn that was a lot of driving.

Minor adventures so far: I decided to get water from a couple of rivers on the way as a gift for the elders.

For Snake River, had to hop a fence and scale a small cliff. It started snowing on the climb back up.

For Beaverhead River, fence was only waist-height so no problem, but the river was mostly frozen. I didn't want to fall through so I low-crawled to the edge of the ice.

Good times!
                  Last edited by decay; 12-22-2016, 01:46 AM.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

West side of the state got to get to the other side of the Divide. Was going to say if your going to be in the area I am on a plane home for a few days..... But will be busy till xmass day.

William Pitt-

Comment

Nah, I'm in Miles City now, not Butte- I think about an hour from the eastern border. About 4 more hours to Bismarck.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

Yeah my house is about 5-6 hours from butte. Your about 9 hours hard running from my house in the ass hole of the state that is miles city, could be worse you could have stopped in round up. Fall in love with that 200 yet?

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

Yes, it fucking is. I've been up in the Great Falls area twice (didn't get to make it to Glacier National Park, and I'm with you, if I could work 100% remote, I would very seriously consider moving there.

Although I don't know if my Oklahoma bones could handle the winters there.

The job I just took I'll be able to work from home 40-50% of the time.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

You drove past me, I'm a few miles off Interstate 15 about 100 miles into Idaho.

And, yeah, the winters in this region are something else entirely. Windchill is -15F right now and I'm off to do chores. But yes, this region is beautiful.

Comment

Farb we still need to plan a get together

I will likely be on youtube soon. We had idiot protesters show up yesterday taking video and what not. Talking out their ass about shit the have not the faintest clue about
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-22-2016, 11:55 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

The cold doesn't seem that bad to me?

I'm in Bismarck right now. Wearing base layers and regular clothes and my moto jacket (it's Army branded) and I'm fine...
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X