i'ed super-eta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando
    the 88 e head is exactly the same as the i head. how many times has this been stated now?
    The head is the same casting but the cam and the single valve springs are both different.

James

Comment

Originally posted by arsevader
      The head is the same casting but the cam and the single valve springs are both different.

James
      thanks for the clarification, but I think most intelligent people could figure out what I meant.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

-thanks nando. It sounds like you have a 2.7i. Do you?
        1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by nando
          thanks for the clarification, but I think most intelligent people could figure out what I meant.
          True.

Not trying to be a smart ass but you did say "exactly the same" and the people that don't know the difference are the ones that will read what you said wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM
            -thanks nando. It sounds like you have a 2.7i. Do you?
            -Do you?
            1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM
              -Do you?
              No, he does not.
              Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                No, he does not.
                nope, just a plain ol' B25.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something.

What's the difference between a stock SETA and a 2.7 stroker? The dual springs and the cam? Is that all? Also, do you just choose the SETA intake mani and TB or the i intake mani/tb depending on whether you want higher HP or more torque?

All this talk about SETA's and budget strokers have got me so damn confused.

Comment

Scott, stop reading threads on this...they'll get you nowhere. Finish the seta transplant and then let's start talking about what you need to do with the head to make the seta bottom end worthwhile..
                    Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Originally posted by modifiede30
                      Scott, stop reading threads on this...they'll get you nowhere. Finish the seta transplant and then let's start talking about what you need to do with the head to make the seta bottom end worthwhile..
                      lol - I've got 2 hours left until I get out of work, and I may end up asking TOO many questions :)

I just would hate to get it all in and realize I should have used an I part where I used an SETA part, or vice versa...and have to pull the damn thing out again :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                        lol - I've got 2 hours left until I get out of work, and I may end up asking TOO many questions :)

I just would hate to get it all in and realize I should have used an I part where I used an SETA part, or vice versa...and have to pull the damn thing out again :)
                        Don't worry, as long as the engine runs and the clutch works, you're fine. Nothing that you'll need to swap for the i head is hard to reach. But as I mention in the other head, if you swap the harness and intake tract now, it'll save time later. Just don't rev the engine past 5500 with the seta head or you could see a little valve float and you'll be no better off than you are now.
                        Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Working...
                        X