No announcement yet.

325es noob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tires just in time for some winter driving!

Rides soo much better with balanced tires. I'll be replacing my strut inserts in the next couple weeks. Looking forward to not having so much rocking and rolling going on.

Comment

Üro Parts, yay!!!

Comment

you shouldve known better. Uro parts are garbage. Order your parts from Bluntech. Hes a forum sponsor and is known for his artwork. Win win
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          you shouldve known better. Uro parts are garbage. Order your parts from Bluntech. Hes a forum sponsor and is known for his artwork. Win win
          Yeah, that was an early purchase when I was still naive [emoji17] . Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check em out!

I should say that my U-joints are pretty stiff. I'm going to replace them while I've got everything out. I can feel/hear a noticable knock from 1st-2nd. Probably didn't help the cheap parts.

On that note, I'm going to try to attempt replacing the joints myself. I've got access to a fairly extensive machine shop and some coworkers who will trade their time for beer ;)

Comment

Went to the vintage road race today. God I love these cars.... Though the 510's we're killing it on the track. Another love of mine....

Anyways, nothing much new to report other than I'm in process of rebuilding my driveshaft/U-joints. Knocked out one joint and got measurements for replacement. Need to talk to one of my machinist co-workers about fixturing the yolk so I can cut a retaining ring groove it. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

New joints are going in. I left the original stake marks visible so I could match the bearing depth on both sides. I plan on tack welding a washer in place to keep everything retained. I also ordered a replacement CSB. Went with Febi instead; no Üro parts.

Comment

Went to bleed my brakes today and nothing came out of the rear calipers.... Fronts bled just fine so what's the deal?? I also noticed that it almost looks like the rear line isn't even hooked up, it's like taped up. Why would someone do that? I haven't noticed a problem with braking, but maybe I've just been using my front brakes only?? E brake works but that is mechanical so yeah.

Comment

Finally putting the "new" Bilsteins on today :)

Comment

Did you ever figure out the brake situation?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Did you ever figure out the brake situation?
                      One of my other goals today. After reading a few posts I'm thinking clogged brake line? I'll also be rebuilding all the calipers as soon as the kit comes in.

Comment

Progress shots. Moving up to 40mm. I thought the ES came with these larger shocks already, but I guess I'm getting an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by BFT_Boyle View Post
                          Progress shots. Moving up to 40mm. I thought the ES came with these larger shocks already, but I guess I'm getting an upgrade.

Hmmm thats weird. The early 84-85 models had the smaller tube strut housings. I hope yours works, you might need different strut housings. Worst case you can re-order the correct smaller diameter and sell the larger ones, but I would want the bigger ones personally.

The fun things to go through when fixing an old car, are all the surprises you find when fixing the old crap

Good luck!
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

It was close, but it fit like a glove. Here is my passenger side insert. 😂

Comment

Success! The new shocks make a huge difference. I can't wait to do the rear sets. Also pleased with how smoothly everything went. Between breaks and fucking around, took about 4 hours.

Comment

Nice! The rear is stupid easy, you can do it while you drink your beer don't even need to take a break
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X