No announcement yet.

Fuel Pressure Regulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so tell me, how do you completely dyno an engine that has 0 miles and can't be redlined safely for at least a few hundred?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

you never heard of breaking it in on the dyno? you put it on the dyno and you sit there and run it for a few hours and such to break it in and then you do the pulls. Racecars do this ALL THE TIME. since they arent able to be driven on the road and breaking an engine in on the race track is dangerous since you cant go really fast. When breaking it in you dont rev high you sit there and run it at nothing above 5000 except for a few short breaks into to high rpm. Once the car has run about 2-3 hours its ready for to do some pulls.

Either way the motor in the car i will be dynoing is already broken in it has about 8000miles on it so its just a matter of putting it on there.

just because you dont understand something doesnt mean its not done that way or should i say you would know this if your were really "In the Know"

Comment

Originally posted by Ball325
        you never heard of breaking it in on the dyno? you put it on the dyno and you sit there and run it for a few hours and such to break it in and then you do the pulls. Racecars do this ALL THE TIME. since they arent able to be driven on the road and breaking an engine in on the race track is dangerous since you cant go really fast. When breaking it in you dont rev high you sit there and run it at nothing above 5000 except for a few short breaks into to high rpm. Once the car has run about 2-3 hours its ready for to do some pulls.

Either way the motor in the car i will be dynoing is already broken in it has about 8000miles on it so its just a matter of putting it on there.

just because you dont understand something doesnt mean its not done that way or should i say you would know this if your were really "In the Know"
        Last I checked...M20 powered E30's normally aren't racecars...

....and racecars don't last for 10+ years either.

Nando - is 3.0 bar enough fuel for the system? I saw that, and considered it.
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

a stock 325i is 3.0 bar ;)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

what about SpecE30 and K-Prepared in BMW Club? also a few IT and Production cars in SCCA. I never said anything about a racecar lasting ten years.....where did you get that from

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
              That's what I was thinking. With a good O2 sensor (it'll be brand new, actually) and 19#ers...or are the S50 ones 24#? I don't remember - but MORE than enough possibility with my injectors, I think my ECU would handle it fine.

So...I'll probably head that way. Any opinions on other AFPR anyways?

Thanks for the comment, MrK! :)
              S50 are 17.5 just like the M50 injectors in 95.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
                S50 are 17.5 just like the M50 injectors in 95.
                Yea, something like that.

They should be good up to 200 hp anyway ;)
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                X