Starting my Megasquirt journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horay!

Back when I did my setup I had all kinds of headaches because I used a relay board. It was a good learning experience....

'why does my car spark but the injectors not fire'...
    so you check the megasquirt unit with the jimstim to make sure its inputs outputs are correct...
    then you check the outputs at the relay board to make sure they are getting there... then you make sure you were not an idiot and left the injectors unplugged from said relay board for no apparent reason.

Input-->Process-->Output

That is all these computers are, and the 3 spots problems can occur. The more outputs you add, the more problems and variables you likely added into the system. Get it working stock first so you know everything is good, then go ahead and add some daughter boards and crazy items.

Goodluck and let us know how things go!

Comment

I've PM'ed whodwho but haven't seen him responding to PM or his for sale post. Anybody have pointers on whats the best way to reach him?

Comment

PM'd, sorry for the delayed response I just got back into town
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Thanks Kieth, cant wait to get the PNP. Already got set of 19lb Bosch Type III injectors.

Comment

How's the project going?

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
            Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

Working...
            X