MegaSquirt 2 v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MegaSquirt 2 v3

I bought a megasquirt 2 v3 that was originally put together for M50tu but I want to run it on M50nv. Are there any issues that I need to be concerned about or any rewiring that I need to do. This is my first time using megasquirt/standalone management system.

is it a PnP setup? if so you'll have to swap some wires for sure.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      is it a PnP setup? if so you'll have to swap some wires for sure.
      No, its was a kit that was put together. Will any issues arise?

Attached Files

Comment

If you can not get a definitive answer from this board, I would contact someone at diyautotune.com like Matt and I'm sure they could help you out.

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
        Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

AFAIK, If it has all of the required VR circuits a injector/coil drivers set up, then it will just be a matter of adapting it to your wiring. Get as much info on the box as you can from the PO and start comparing pinouts.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            AFAIK, If it has all of the required VR circuits a injector/coil drivers set up, then it will just be a matter of adapting it to your wiring. Get as much info on the box as you can from the PO and start comparing pinouts.
            This. if you are running a VR setup and it is setup for a VR circuit, you can just hook up your wires. If the board is Hall and the motor is a VR,(or the other way around) you need to fix that.

Inspect the board and verify it based on the assembly instructions on MSExtra according to your setup and you will get your answer. Worst case is you might have to re-solder a few things for your timing inputs and coil outputs.

Since you're already going to use another harness or hack up the one in the car, you can make the call for anything else regarding your spark setup as well as timing pickups.
            '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
            NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
            Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Working...
            X