Michigan: spring installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan: spring installer

Just got off the phone with a shop that used to do work on my German cars when it was something I couldn't do myself. The quote to install springs (I have them ready) was unreasonable - my guess is they don't want the work so they make it too expensive.

So, does anyone know a good local shop (SE Michigan) to have springs installed on my E30? I'd do it myself, but don't have spring compressors, a tie rod puller/pickle fork, etc. or even the garage space to do it. Or perhaps you know someone who works out of their garage who'll do it?

Let me know - thanks!

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

If you unbolt your strut, and upper strut mount assymbly as a unit-leave the spring on just take the whole mess out of the car, muffler shops can swap the new springs onto your struts for dirt cheap......Autozone rents the balljoint puller-to not damage it, and teh rear should be really easy and not need spring compressors......

Max 2 hours over two days (two days because once the assymbies are done, you need to take them to the muffler shop to have the swap around done. Pick them up, and install the next day......Easy and Cheap.
    sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Yep, That's the easiest solution if you don't have a bench mounted spring compressor.

There's nothing good from those widow-maker rental spring compressors.

If you can wait until the following weekend I could give you a hand at my place or I've got a buddy in Livonia that would do it for cheap.

Comment

I run a repair shop, can handle minor/major car/truck repair/maintenance. Foreign or domestic. Towing available I have dealer training on BMW and Toyota. 15 years automotive experience. ASE certified Michigan auto mechanic certified

im gonna take my car to this guy to have the central lock system fixed. i know people that have dealt with him. nothing but good things to say.

-Dane
        diving board division, bishez.

Comment

Working...
        X