Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of a shop to do an r12 A/C charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know of a shop to do an r12 A/C charge?

I've called a few local shops and haven't had any luck finding anyone that still works with r12. My A/C system is fundamentally sound (just replaced a hose) and I'd rather just get it recharged with r12 instead of converting to 134 right now.

I know of a place down in CT, but I'd rather stick to NH/MA if I can.
    '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
    '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Look for R12 on Craigslist. Vacuum it down yourself.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Possibly... I don't have a vacuum pump though, can't find my r12 gauges either. I think I might have tossed them in a basement purge a few years ago.

Comment

I have R12 gauges and a HF vacuum pump I've never used. Come over to my place in Brookline some day after work and let's do it up. Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll try to make sure my gauges and my pump have all the necessary fittings to connect to each other. I actually just ordered a new condenser for my lil bro's hyundai today so when that comes in I'm going to pop my AC fixing cherry. I've only blindly added cans of R134a before and never done it "right".

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
          I have R12 gauges and a HF vacuum pump I've never used. Come over to my place in Brookline some day after work and let's do it up. Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll try to make sure my gauges and my pump have all the necessary fittings to connect to each other. I actually just ordered a new condenser for my lil bro's hyundai today so when that comes in I'm going to pop my AC fixing cherry. I've only blindly added cans of R134a before and never done it "right".
          extend that offer for my e28? btw, did you end getting megasquirt up and running?

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Harbor freight has a pretty cheap gauge system that let's you do it your self, it works fretty well you just need to buy your own freon.

Edit, didn't read above post lol
            M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
              I'm interested some weekend after august 3rd...I live in charlestown btw
              1991 318is ---230K - DD
              1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
              so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
                extend that offer for my e28? btw, did you end getting megasquirt up and running?
                Megasquirt is running! Car is pretty well mechanically sorted just gotta finish up some floor welding and body work. Gonna hope to get it on the road in the next couple of weeks though.

And yep, invitation extended. You gotta find yourself some R12 or Freeze12 or whatever though. And I cannot be held liable if I am in any way shape or form responsible for that delicious Ozone depleting nectar leaking out. I'll do my best to help out though.

Gimme a shout 617 319 0724, text is best cuz I dropped my phone and my speaker doesn't work so good anymore.

Comment

Thanks Sam, I'll see how it goes. There is r12 to be had on craigs, but I'm a little burned out on that whole process lately. Was hoping to just drop it off somewhere and be done with it.

Maybe I'll roll a trip to the shop in CT with a visit to the 'rents in a few weeks, I dunno. If not, I'll suck it up and do the craigslist thing and we can figure out a good time to swing by.

Comment

Working...
                  X