Ecu wire plug connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecu wire plug connectors

I need the female wire connector that fits in the ecu plug from the wire harness. Anyone have an idea who supplies these.
    Thanks for your help

I'm a little confused? Are you looking for the harness side connector or the ecu side connector? I have sources for both, just gotta know for sure which exactly your looking for. If it's the harness side connector you need I have several in stock, willing to sell but please read the side note.

Side note, the original harness side connector is a jt (junior timer) style connector. However they are no longer available. The one's still available are jpt (junior power timer) style connectors. It's a small difference, but they use different pins. There's added lock tabs on the jpt pins. You can use the oem jt pins in a jpt connector, but due to the differences the pins will never quite fit as tightly as I would like or should fit. Possibly leading to pins popping out. And you can't use jpt pins in a jt connector, as you'll never be able to get them out.

I've built harness's professionally as a side business for years, ranging from oem style reproductions to full on mil-spec motorsport grade stuff. So feel free to ask any question's and I'll help out however I can. From parts source's to correct wiring techniques.

Comment

pretty sure you can find JT pins on mouser.com.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Answer

Originally posted by sumoashe View Post
        I'm a little confused? Are you looking for the harness side connector or the ecu side connector? I have sources for both, just gotta know for sure which exactly your looking for. If it's the harness side connector you need I have several in stock, willing to sell but please read the side note.

Side note, the original harness side connector is a jt (junior timer) style connector. However they are no longer available. The one's still available are jpt (junior power timer) style connectors. It's a small difference, but they use different pins. There's added lock tabs on the jpt pins. You can use the oem jt pins in a jpt connector, but due to the differences the pins will never quite fit as tightly as I would like or should fit. Possibly leading to pins popping out. And you can't use jpt pins in a jt connector, as you'll never be able to get them out.

I've built harness's professionally as a side business for years, ranging from oem style reproductions to full on mil-spec motorsport grade stuff. So feel free to ask any question's and I'll help out however I can. From parts source's to correct wiring techniques.
        I need the connector that goes on the white and grey wire on the harness side it is the female one that fits into the plug. The wire harness is a 1990 55 pin.
        Thanks for your help

Comment

Here's some pics of what I think your talking about. It's the main harness connector (55 pin).

This is the original one.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	7164275

Name:	GetAttachment (2).jpg
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	7164276

And here's one of the new one's I carry.

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	7164277

It may be a little hard to see, but if you look at the actual pin header (the white piece) the slots are two different shapes. This is the difference between a jt and jpt connector. The jt is a T shape, with pin locks only on the bottom. The jpt is a + shape, with pin locks on top and bottom. And as Nando thought, you can get pins from mouser. They carry either style. Hope this helps.
          Last edited by sumoashe; 02-14-2014, 04:26 AM.

Comment

White and grey wire connector

I have attached a pic of the wire White & Grey I need the connector for, let me know if you sell this connector that will fit this 55 pin plug. If not can you give me the part number that Mouser uses.
            Thanks for your help
            Dwight

The connector has a crimp and solder placement where the wire attaches.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ahh, ok now I see what your after. Went a double checked against one of my m20 harness's to make sure, and apparently bmw used jpt crimps in that connector. Guess they really didn't want people taking them out. Not sure which gauge that one is specifically so here's the part numbers for both size crimps and gauges they cover. You can order them from mouser.
              927779-3 awg 17-20
              927777-3 awg 13-17

I think the wire your talking about is for the afm. In which case it would be 20awg, so you'd want the first part number.

Comment

Originally posted by sumoashe View Post
                Ahh, ok now I see what your after. Went a double checked against one of my m20 harness's to make sure, and apparently bmw used jpt crimps in that connector. Guess they really didn't want people taking them out. Not sure which gauge that one is specifically so here's the part numbers for both size crimps and gauges they cover. You can order them from mouser.
                927779-3 awg 17-20
                927777-3 awg 13-17

I think the wire your talking about is for the afm. In which case it would be 20awg, so you'd want the first part number.

Thanks my friend I ordered them from Mouser
                Dwight

Comment

Bought from Mouser

Comment

Hey guys, sorry to bump this, but does anybody know if it would be possible to get a pig tale with the ECU side of the plug? I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to make a plug and play MegaSquirt wiring adapter! I also need to find a wire description for all of the wires in the harness though. Just trying to figure out if this is possible. Thanks guys!

Comment

I have a full pigtail with 55 pin plug and wiring diagram LMK if you want a picture. Send me your email address

Comment

Working...
                      X