Watergate 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watergate 2.0

Oh my this is getting down right entertaining. So just so we're on the same page here, the Trump campaign was in constant contact with the Russians (this nations mortal enemy for the better part of a century), and agreed to lift sanctions on Russia if Trump got elected. This is treason on a level never before seen in this country. This is the kind of shit that they lock you up and then shoot you for, at least in days past.

Oh and I can't help but point out that all you moral crusaders were crucifying Hillary for her stupid email server and instead voted for this guy. The irony is incredible.

An article for reference: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...ons-trump.html

waiting for more to pop up.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Sheesh, seems like a very simplistict attempt to put this on Flynn and let him take the fall. I hope that the folks in Congress use this as their chance to strike back against the executive branch and prove that they're not completely spineless.

Comment

Nevermind guys I was all wrong. It's Obama's fault. Jeez, how could I not have realized. /s

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Well here's the thing... what's wrong with making nice with Russia?

They've done more in a year fighting ISIS than the entire western coalition. They aren't the commies anymore. I mean, I've had some issues over Putin, but honestly, he's probably one of the best world leaders out there... he's smart, articulate, and knows politics. He made Obama look like a chump in comparison.

During the campaign, Hillary was beating the war drum pretty hard, and for what? Just because they are Russians? War with Russia isn't needed.
          Estoguy
          1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Hillary sucked monkey balls, Trump sucks monkey dick. They both suck ass. Were they just two horrible options, or are they a reflection of the horrible state of the body politic in this country?

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
              Hillary sucked monkey balls, Trump sucks monkey dick. They both suck ass. Were they just two horrible options, or are they a reflection of the horrible state of the body politic in this country?
              Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post

They've done more in a year fighting ISIS than the entire western coalition. They aren't the commies anymore. I mean, I've had some issues over Putin, but honestly, he's probably one of the best world leaders out there... he's smart, articulate, and knows politics. He made Obama look like a chump in comparison.

During the campaign, Hillary was beating the war drum pretty hard, and for what? Just because they are Russians? War with Russia isn't needed.
                Russia is fine to have as an ally, but the leader is the issue. Putin has been the defacto dictator, or at least chief oligarch in Russia since 1999, and he has apparently been in effective control of the government that entire time, exchanging titles with two other people.

Comment

making nice is probably ok once you've been elected but the article implies otherwise:

WASHINGTON — Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

Comment

Your injection of thoughtful analysis from a perspective outside of the ridiculously polarized political atmosphere in their country will likely sadly not resonate. For what it's worth I agree completely, and I also have no problem whatsoever with anyone running for high office keeping in contact with other countries. It's the nature of the contact that's important, and even the N.Y.T. article clears Trump's people of any wrongdoing, instead choosing innuendo to attack him with.

Anyone who seriously takes the position that Clinton wasn't in a position to be influenced heavily by foreign governments has mastered lying to themselves to the point where they're unreachable by reason. That the majority of that influence would have been solicited and paid for is a very serious matter indeed...

Comment

The issue isn't being friendly with Russia, its contacting them before you are even elected to discuss terms of sanctions. I think this is pretty obvious where the idea goes, the possibility that they could have influenced the election in any way, knowing that the leader elected could benefit them directly as a result.
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        The issue isn't being friendly with Russia, its contacting them before you are even elected to discuss terms of sanctions. I think this is pretty obvious where the idea goes, the possibility that they could have influenced the election in any way, knowing that the leader elected could benefit them directly as a result.
                        Right. Trump tells them, "If I get elected, I'll lift the sanctions." Then Russia says cool and goes about making that election happen in favor to them. There have been many allegations of Russia affecting the election. So this doesn't look very favorable for them.

Congress will not do anything. And neither will anyone else. Trumpmania 4ever.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

I personally don't think NYT has any damnit sourced info on the admin, but I think there is enough suspicion that they are aiming for info to come out because of it. Using that info to drive FBI/CIA to do an investigation into it.

We will see whats up for sure.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Trump is an entertainer, he's doing what he does best.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Here's the question... how much did Russia REALLY affect the election?

I'd say the US MSM has a very greater power to influence election results than a foreign country.

There is no evidence (other than conspiracies) that Russia did anything directly, and let's be honest, any actual tampering with the election would have to of been a wide spread affair, which, honestly, isn't plausible in the slightest - the manpower, resources and cost would be insane. Shockwave is on the money with his post.

Bottom line - the Democrats lost the election all on their own. They ignored the grassroots by annointing Clinton over Sanders through a rigged process, insulted voters they should have been trying to sway, and totally misread the general feeling of the electorate, especially the feelings towards Clinton. That people are still belly aching about an election result 3 months after the fact is pretty sad. The Democrats need to seriously look themselves in the mirror before the next election.
                              Estoguy
                              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Working...
                              X