Tuning M10 ENGINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning M10 ENGINE

hi all... i there anything i can do to my M10 engine to make it Move better???

i got a low budget for that

Not really. GO here and scroll down until you see Barry Burr's tuning guide for m10's.

Comment

standalone is your first friend,
      then NOZ. it´s very friendly to a M10
      Gunni
      @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

MegaSquirt and Turbo, that is the only way.

Comment

can anyone give me the DIY guide for installing turbo and everything that is to be done, step by step???

Comment

Step 1: Install turbo.
            Step 2: ???
            Step 3: Profit.

Comment

This is random. But Ive got a set of Bav plug wires
              sigpic

Comment

Hey it's not realy not that desperate...

Forget the m10b18 you are propably having, try to locate 2002 or 320/4 or 520/4 m10b20 engine.

The 320i/4 engine has 130 stock hp.

Wide variety of aftermarket goodies are available to m10 engine.

Sadly natural aspirated m10 can't reasonably make more than 170-180 hp, and that will be high reving non low torquing engine not to mention the cost, that money will easily cover a change to a better engined car or a motor swap.

There are charged m10 based engines producing over 500hp, but again that's not either cheap or easy.
                Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

ROCLA u guess what i need!!! 4 cyls.. :)
                  but there is 1 problem, i live in a country where 2002 has never ever been :(
                  theres no way i can get 2.0 m10b20 anywhere here...

i want to install turbo and get about 200HP... thats enough...

Comment

I might get flamed for suggesting this, but how about another brand of engine ?? maybe a 6 cyl nissan , I'm suggesting this because of the lack of BMW engines in your country.

Comment

Originally posted by ivo316 View Post
                      I might get flamed for suggesting this, but how about another brand of engine ?? maybe a 6 cyl nissan , I'm suggesting this because of the lack of BMW engines in your country.
                      You'll get no flame from me. I'm trying to find out how to get an sr20det into my Bimmer. The rb20 has been done, as has the rb25. Every single one rules and is making a lot of power. Do it.

~Zar4

Comment

Depending on your emissions standards you need to meet you could be limited. The shorter stroke of the 1.8L motor takes a turbo very nicely and loves to rev. The longer stroke of the 2.3L m10's (84 or 87mm) really is not as ideal for turbo applications IMO (although others will disagree).

A GOOD turbo kit will cost you ~$3,500 by the time you are driving. Check out MegaSquirt www.msefi.com for ideas on how to control that engine. For NA power you could stroke the m10 by putting in any number of crankshafts (combined with conrods and custom pistons) to achieve any number of displacements up to 2.3L with the S14 evo crankshaft.

Your best bet is to find a car with an m20 if you are on a really tight budget because you will probably be able to pick up a decent m20 325is for less than the turbo will cost.

Comment

Working...
                        X