No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Steel Bodywork Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everybody... I gave a sigh of relief when I put it back down on it's wheels. Major step forward to start bolting stuff back together. And it looks pretty good, too

Garey

Comment

Looking great! Are you going to paint the underside black or leave it the light gray?
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Awesome progress! Purdy too.... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
          Looking great! Are you going to paint the underside black or leave it the light gray?
          Thanks man... Actually, it's white underneath and yes, its staying white, as the exterior of the car will be Alpineweiss III as well. I like how clean the white underside is, with all of the added components being black or some shade of metal. Makes it look so simple, as everything is clean and has a stark contrast...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by GDA View Post
            Awesome progress! Purdy too.... hehe
            Thanks, it's nice to be putting stuff back on the car, instead of taking it apart more. I have a new found excitement and motivation now, since it's off the rotisserie!

Garey

Comment

Wow. That's all I've got to say, just wow.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Simply amazing! Cannot wait to see it driving
                My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

this thing looks good, its coming along really nice! what's happening with the rear window? fiberglass or oem?

Comment

Thanks guys, I just got done priming and seam sealing the engine bay... killed some more brain cells, Lol! I am traveling up to Massachusettes on Monday to pick up an E30 M3 donor car, which has a bunch of the rear pieces I need, including the sail panel and rear glass. It has some other items I won't need that I may end up offering for sale, but the rear quarters are already spoken for...

Garey

Comment

So, before I left I got color shot on the engine bay. I may not get much more done before Monday, since I have to dis-assemble and get rid of the 85 to make room for the M3 I'm bringing back from up north... we'll see.

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by StewStewIloveyouyou
                        hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys
                        And am making my life with you guy too. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by zxert View Post
                          Lol! Thanks man...

Garey

Comment

If we ever get in a BMW fight with Norway, you're our best hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                              If we ever get in a BMW fight with Norway, you're our best hope.
                              I hope I can live up to that compliment... Thanks man...

Garey

Comment

Subscribed to a fabrication god!! Something else dude!
                                NASA
                                BMWCCA member
                                PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                                1997 M3 sedan
                                2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Working...
                                X