No announcement yet.

My 325iC Body/Paint Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...on to the suspension, which was much needed! I did a bunch of research and chose to go with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Bilstein sport shocks and struts. I wanted a tight ride and some low but not enough to worry about pulling out of my driveway or busting my oil pan. While I was in there I replaced front and rear links, subframe bushings, RTABS, E46 shock mounts, etc.

Last edited by bimmerboy12; 06-03-2015, 11:37 AM.

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
    Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Slapped on my Kopi Alpina's and couldn't be happier with the result...

And outfitted my new windscreen!

Comment

One more with a little editing...

Comment

Good to see you back at it. :up:

COTM

Comment

Noiiiiice! That's sexy right there. How big are the rotors vs stock with this setup?
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Rotors are about an inch bigger in diameter. A huge advantage with this setup comes from the 4 piston calipers!

Comment

That fender gap is perfect! I'd aim for a slightly larger tire next time, but still, damn... perfection :up:

Comment

This vert is insanely well done.

I love the interior. Your attacking these projects yourself.. the thought and approach to it all is revealed in the gorgeous example you have there... well done. Thank you for documenting.

The interior is so nice I consider it an option for my interior. Is it real alacantra? Too bad K.Chinn fell off the face of the earth.
                  ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

You are my hero. Your car looks amazing and will be referring to this went it comes time to paint my car!

Comment

Very nice progress. I don't know how I missed this in the past.
                      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Amazing work man, this is motivating me to paint my hardtop! Keep up the good work brother.
                        '93 E30 325ic - CURRENT | '99 E36 M3 - SOLD | '94 E34 530i - SOLD

"I hit the gasser, go faster, all you hear is dual exhaust flowmaster."

Comment

Read the whole thing. Car looks great!
                          sigpic
                          '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
                          Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

I may have a set of the small rubber blocks that you are missing at the back of the rear windows, if you need them PM me and ill look for them.

Comment

Question for OP: If you did your headliner in the hardtop, how did you go about removing/installing it? What material did you use to replace it?
                              '93 E30 325ic - CURRENT | '99 E36 M3 - SOLD | '94 E34 530i - SOLD

"I hit the gasser, go faster, all you hear is dual exhaust flowmaster."

Comment

wow haven't stopped by this thread in a while! the mirĂ³ windscreen - holy moly. got any more pics?
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X