X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
    That sounds bad ass!

What cam do you have in there?
    Believe it or not it's actually a stock cam. It is pretty lopey but I'm not complaining !

Comment

Nice tow rig ;) I used my Cherokee for the longest time until my trailer got bigger.

Sounds Awesome!
      Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
      '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
      Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
      1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
      Check us out
      Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
        Nice tow rig ;) I used my Cherokee for the longest time until my trailer got bigger.

Sounds Awesome!

Yeah the thing could just barely pull the bimmer up hills!

Not much to do left. Just cleaning up wires. The muffler just got in today and the steering shaft just shipped from Cali.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4693.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	7188978

Comment

Great work, sounds great at idle. Loving the sleeper status too.
          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
            Great work, sounds great at idle. Loving the sleeper status too.
            Thanks! But it turns out it idles like that because the MAF isn't calibrated for such a big intake. We had to get a restrictor that made it idle like stock.

Got the muffler in today! Finished up the exhaust. He is the final product:

Name:	IMG_4694.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	7188994

Also, I took a proper exhaust video, here you can see that the restricter does wonders for the idle. The muffler quieted it down quite a bit but it's still loud. I don't think I will tamper with it anymore though.

There is a small problem with fuel pressure though. It's not sealing correctly, probably just a loose hose on the fuel pump or something. That will be tampered with tomorrow.

Comment

She's on the road! Got the steering shaft and it wasn't too bad putting it in. The first drive popped up a few problems though. To start the tires rubbed ALOT, then power steering went out halfway through the drive, and the driver side 02 was throwing a code. So when we got back we pulled apart the PS pump to clean it out and see what wrong. Turns out the rack from the junkyard was full of dirt and gunk. And that dirt and gunk dinged up the pressure regulator valve. So the burrs had to be sanded down then it was thrown back in.

Name:	IMG_4706.JPG
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	7189059
              Then we rolled the fenders. Which didn't take long at all. And that fixed the problem completely. haven't had a problem again.

Name:	IMG_4707.JPG
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	7189060
              After that I went to leave the shop and the PS failed immediately. But since PS isn't a necessity I drove home. And on the way home the motor started acting up. I was in fourth and gave it maybe 3/4 throttle and it acted like it was hitting the rev limiter or stuttered. I can't really describe it. And it was bogging down in low rpms. But I thought it was most likely the O2 since that was the only code showing. The next day we tore the pump back off and ordered a filter. This time we just cleaned the valve up a bit, didn't take the pump all the way apart.

Name:	IMG_4708.JPG
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	7189061

Name:	IMG_4710.JPG
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	7189062
              Then we took it in for an alignment!

Name:	IMG_4712.JPG
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	7189063
              After driving it a bit after the alignment the PS started squealing a little bit. So we bled the rack and that fixed it.. for a little bit. On my way home it started squealing again. That will have to be dealt with tomorrow. AGAIN. I didn't grab any pictures of it but we replaced the O2 with a new one and that fixed the problem. But other than all the problems I just listed, it runs awesome! I'm afraid to floor in in first and second because I really don't want to have to replace the axels..

Comment

Who needs PS anyway?
                Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
                '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
                Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
                1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
                Check us out
                Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Working...
                X