Poly urethane mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kikkoman View Post
    I just broke one of the bolt on the stock trans mount trying to reinstall it so I'm searching around for best options and found this thread. Although I'm trying out the AKG poly RTAB and subframe bushings on my car I didn't like so many people expressing dislike after installing poly trans mounts so this E21 mount sound like a good upgrade over stock w/o the negatives of going full poly. However, is the installation of those AKG aluminum caps really necessary (althought it looks real nice)? Also, Autohauz site lists these mounts as "for Federal non-CA models" and even BMA doesn't publish the price (must request a quote) so it's like a top secret part or what?.
    Originally posted by kikkoman View Post
    Are you running this exact setup with E21 mounts (where did you source them from?) and AKG caps? Again, are those caps really necessary or adds that much more to the setup? Both sites I've already mentioned says the E21 mounts they sell are for non-CA cars and I have a CA car so I don't know what to make of this.
    Sorry i havnt checked this in a little. those are my pics so ummm yea im running the set up.lol
    Go to bav auto and order e21 tranny mounts. As it not being a part for CA models??? i dont know what the hell that means. they have strict laws about emissions but how can a state tell u what mounts you can and can not run.lol Call Bavauto and just order em. i can find the Part # off my receipt if u need. And as for the cups on top. I think they are necessary. Without it the bushing will flex once bolted up and will cause more stress on it. its really optional i guess but i would say get em. e21 tranny mounts are so cheap the cost balances out. ya know. plus it looks a lot cleaner.
    Dont forget u have to drill the holes on the bracket and the tranny to fit. the threads are thicker (from 8mm-10mm) so get the bit in the picture i posted
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by mRodiek View Post
      I got my trans mounts in & there is a slight vibration in 1st but at speed with the windows down its not noticeable
      haha. with the windows down? what does that mean? the sound of the wind drowns out the loud transmission noises. cause with my radio off (and windows up) the tranny is noticeably louder
      m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
      build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Working...
      X