Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hartge h26 project.....the long road:) Oct 2014 begins:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
    The H23 belongs to Robert. It a very nice Hartge H23. The only thing you might have problem finding is the Hartge big brake kit. I been looking for a set for years. I'm still looking!!! Hartge and Alpina big brake kit are all most the same. The only difference is the rotor. Hartge venting of rotor is on the back side of rotor.Alpina rotor for venting is on front side of rotor.
    Keep me up dated on Hartge parts you are still looking for.
    Thanks Raul: I do appreciate the help on this project. Some of those hartge parts are really hard to find.
    I will pm you with a final list of parts. I am really close to being all done:)
    Sort-of funny, but I almost bought Robert's car when Ryan had it back over here in Seattle.
    jm

Comment

wheels

Well, as you can see the enkie wheels were not going to do it for this car. So one of the first hartge buys was a set of 15" hartge wheels and caps.....transformed the look of the car. These wheels are sold and on their way to Portland this next week:) Guess what I found to replace them?????

Comment

hartge

Yes, Rob's car and a very nice one.
        Big brakes are out there in the future:), but I will keep my eye out for you.
        I did get a set of wheels from Rob; funny but they were on the h23:). Then I was over on bimmerforums and Chris was selling a real hartge steering wheel. Well, some how I was able to buy it. There must have been a ton of people trying to get that wheel...now it's on the h26.
        The car had one on it back in 85.
        Of course the front valance had to come off....sanding and paint made it look pretty good.
        Oh and then the fog lights...those things were expensive, but the old ones were junk. I did not even try to sell them.
        One day I decided it was time to clean...out came the power washer and away went 25 years of dirt off the car and engine......will share more on the engine cleaning later.....

Comment

more engine cleaning:)

Had to take it apart to clean.....and some hartge parts that are now on the car.........

enjoy:)

Comment

awesome project ! I'll let you know if I find the hartge stuff you need !

Comment

So much Hartge love man. Can't wait to see what this looks like. You got a lot more Hartge parts than I do. Haha I need to get my hands on some of this stuff asap.
              Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer_man View Post
                So much Hartge love man. Can't wait to see what this looks like. You got a lot more Hartge parts than I do. Haha I need to get my hands on some of this stuff asap.
                thanks, Better get them soon:), they are hard to find. Are you building an h27 engine too?
                john

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by alexT View Post
                  awesome project ! I'll let you know if I find the hartge stuff you need !
                  Thanks for the help, there is no way I could put this project together with out the help from the people on this and other forums!!!
                  Just a little update. Not sure if I made this clear, but I am going back and retelling from last Oct 2014....I am in Dec. of 2014 in the story.
                  Next project was:
                  windshield wipers, interior, and blower motor!:)
                  jm

Comment

Sub'd!
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                    If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

More story!
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

wiper motor and interior parts:)

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        More story!
                        Well here you go:)
                        For some reason I do not have pictures of the brake job I did. I guess I could just say I took the brakes all apart and cleaned replaced all the pads, sensors flushed out the system. To my surprise the brake fluid looked pretty good....looks better now.
                        Then came the fun project. Whenever I turned the key on the dash area made this strange noise...and the heater fan was not working... so I took the firewall area all off just to discover the windshield wipers were not working...off to the junk yard where I found an 85 325e that had everything I needed...I had thought the fan switch was not working either so I picked up one just to be ready....Have you ever taken out a windshield wiper motor and linkage??? At the junk yard it is pretty easy...just bend everything so it comes out. On the way home I was trying to figure out how to get mine out. Of course I got on R3v and read all the horror stories about how hard it was and it takes hours:). Not sure how this works, but I had mine out in 10 mins. The used one went right back in. It should be noted the fan housing has to come out along with the fan, but I was taking the fan out anyway. If you set the linkage so the arms are pointing toward the driver side, then it will go back in. Now I am not saying it was easy and you do have to push it pretty hard, but I got it in and the wipers work....
                        Now for the inside. Took all the hvac apart, radio all switches and put the new fan switch in. It was a four position switch, so now I have 4 fan speeds!!!
                        While I was doing this I put the hartge wheel on and the gear shift knob...of course the badges went on the car front and back...don't ever buy a new rear badge...hurts the wallet big time!!!
                        Some pictures:
                        The interior: Forgot to mention that during this same time I got a set of sport seats for the car. Guy was nice enough to bring them over from Portland. They need to be redone, but they will work for now.

Here are the seats that were in the car:

Random picture of rear shade:)

fan housing area: seems the pictures of the wiper linkage motor repair are missing:(, will have to look for them.

Next the euro bumpers show up:)

Comment

In the future are you planning to install mono wiper kit like Hartge kit?

The Hartge steering wheel and shift knob look great. I bet the Hartge badges and Hartge plate that holds the front Hartge badge on grill.
                          Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                            thanks, Better get them soon:), they are hard to find. Are you building an h27 engine too?
                            john
                            As far as my engine is concerned the internals will be the following knife edge crank
                            Titanium connecting rods
                            Custom 11:1 compression ratio metric mechanic pistons
                            RHD roller rocker 292 cam
                            My intake will be the h27sp intake
                            Exhaust system will be Hartge h27
                            Ms3 ecu

End result hopefully will be 3.1 close to a 300hp car.

Since I can't get Hartge to homogulate my car I don't think it will be too big a deal with my engines internals being a bit different.
                            Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

mono wiper kit

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                              In the future are you planning to install mono wiper kit like Hartge kit?

The Hartge steering wheel and shift knob look great. I bet the Hartge badges and Hartge plate that holds the front Hartge badge on grill.
                              Yes, that is on the list, but I have 3 other parts that need to be put on the car first.
                              The badge is really nice looking up front...going to get to those pictures soon.
                              jm

Comment

so, from what I get out of the paperwork you scanned in, Kohl, was an authorized Hartge dealership/partner.
                                According to the paperwork, which seems to me but not 100% sure- that the car was sold used in 1988 at a BMW dealership on the southwest side on Münich, and was sold as a Hartge H26 car, with the appearance package:
                                suspension and wheels
                                strut bar
                                Hartge stripe set
                                front and rear bumper/valances
                                rear trunk spoiler
                                single arm wiper system
                                steering wheel

car also had BMW factory Recaro seats when it was new.

also had a larger alternator in it.

in 1986 car was registered in a town on the south east side of Münich. It received a right rear brake rotor (only the right and no pads????) and also a front left strut insert, as well as a wiper arm mechanism.
                                all on guarantee, paid for by Hartge.

In Jan. of 1988 It went in for service (valve adjustment,ect.) received a new steering wheel- doesn't say what brand. Also received a new windshield wiper mechanism with motor AGAIN.?

In 1988 the car was registered on the southwest side of Münich and the door was dented- and repaired- not a new door though.
                                next paperwork is the TÜV allowance for the (probably the Hartge) steering wheel.

The one page does show the used car sales document at 44,000km with the car having a 2.6ltr. motor and 193hp so it did receive a full Hartge program from the beginning on I would assume.

hope that sheds a little bit of light on it for you.
                                Last edited by mikeedler; 03-30-2015, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X