e30 323i N54 teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub'd

I love the potential of the n54, my e82 with minor modifications is putting down 350hp as a daily driver.

Comment

I have been thinkin about this swap lately, as well as an m57 swap...
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

ive been waiting to see something like this!!!!!! fuck yes.
        Originally posted by dvck
        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

ultra cool! sub'd!
          1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
          1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
          1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
          My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Let's get crackin'.....subd
            NASA
            BMWCCA member
            PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
            1997 M3 sedan
            2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

For those who have sub'd, you wont be disappointed, this is something I have been planning to do since before my m30 swap had even started. I've accumulated most the parts needed, but a few remain. Like Anthony B said, the power potential is just crazy if you haven't been keeping up with the N54 world; Not a lot of issues either.

That being said, there appears to be several ways to attack this build, but I will try the most simplistic routes first; Then where customization is needed, I will either pursue it myself, or perhaps talk with a company that is willing to work with me in regards to N54 E30 development.

If you were to put forth as much effort as one would finding a "clean" s52, into finding an n54 motor, the prices are stunning, and the power gains are very easy, with a lot of support for Backend flashes, flex fuel, 2 step maps ETC

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              helloooo 323i! welcome to the club. they were frequently mis-labeled during import and federalization, potentially for more lenient smog purposes. Mine's BAR'd as a 3.2L.

are you going to document the N54 electronic work at all? That would be some good info to have..
              Hey thanks Kronus, I dont know how many of them made it over here, but it couldnt have been too many! Thanks for the clarification on the litre count as well, Something wasnt adding up there.

You betchya! I have documented every footstep. Pin out numbers, locations, functions, Grounds accounted for, and plenty, plenty more.

This will help too

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
              Sweet brown interior
              Interior should be cool, hoping to score a door card or 2, or have them redone, but its looking like tan leather sports seats with brown/tan cloth cheker door cards; So brown on tan, brown glass, and we will see what paint will be :/

BTW thanks for the euro bumpers, didnt know this second pair would pop into my lap a month later!

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
              I have been thinkin about this swap lately, as well as an m57 swap...
              M57 would super fun! One MUST do some stuff to make it roll coal a bit harder... The advantage to the M57, is that it is positioned directly straight, not slanted, which means more room for turbo fitment, which right now seems to be the only concern I really have but again, there appears to be two logical ways to solve this, 3 if you don't mind cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                I'm aware. It was likely less than 25 years old when it was imported, though.
                dont listen to me, Im just jealous that I have to deal with the BAR and you dont...
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Really cool car! had a buddy with a nutria interior as well.
                  Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
                  1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

Put in my order for Arc Asylums S54 subframe Modification, Ill be sending out my subframe which already has the garagistic weld in reinforcements, she be a nice rig!

To give me more room up front I'll be going with an n54 oil thermostat delete plate, this will allow me to use a lower temperature oil thermostat, which is a good idea with the N5X Platform.

Click image for larger version

Name:	delete plate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	7176597

Originally posted by Matt341 View Post
                    Really cool car! had a buddy with a nutria interior as well.
                    I'm in communication with a couple junkyards overseas to see what they can pull out, so far I have scored the bronzit piece of glass for a great price shipped! Although interior is last, If I can find them locally I'd jump on it.

Eventually I want to find a pair of nutria brown Buffalo leather seats from an e24, and redo the center cushions with the pearlbeige/nutria checkered cloth as the door panels are, dreaming here but a rear cabrio, or M3 rear seat done the same way would just kill me. I need a photoshopper here!

Comment

looking cool.
                      Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

This is silly. ..
                        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                          This is the future. ..
                          Fixed. :)

Comment

Well this is gonna be a good one
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

sub'd! This is exciting! What are you doing regarding the fuel tank? I've heard it has to be high pressure due to the fact that the car runs high pressure fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                                sub'd! This is exciting! What are you doing regarding the fuel tank? I've heard it has to be high pressure due to the fact that the car runs high pressure fuel.
                                I can't wait to get home and start this shit! Training is going really well, I dont want to give myself bad jew jew, but I may be back before the 4th of july, perhaps sooner.. but that's wishful thinking.

Regarding the fuel tank, if you meant pressurized, then no sir. Fortunately the 335i uses a Low pressure fuel pump (lpfp) that has similar flow rates to a walbro 255, which then feeds into the High pressure fuel pump (hpfp)
                                The lpfp is located in the fuel tank like e30s, the hpfp is on the engine.

The fuel tank from a 335i resembles that of a late model e30 fuel tank as well, with the fuel level sender being on one side, and the fuel pump on the other side.

What I am doing is incorporating a 1 liter surge tank from 034motorsports.

Since on the early models they use an in tank pump, that then goes to an external pump, then to the engine, I'll simply relocate the external one to a different location using the surge tank and a pump that is e85 friendly.
                                Essentially, the intank pump feeds into the surge tank, while the pump inside the surge tank feeds the hpfp.

Comment

Working...
                                X