Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious about crankshaft similarities between M60 and M62..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious about crankshaft similarities between M60 and M62..

Hey guys, I thought someone on here might know, assuming the timing chain gears can be slid off and on the snout, I figured that the cranks would be interchangeable (understanding the difference in stroke). Does anyone know if that is indeed true?

Alternatively, if anyone has an M60 crank in good condition that they would sell pretty cheap, I would buy it.

Thanks in advance as always!

M62 has a longer stroke.

Comment

Thanks, but that's why I wrote "(understanding the difference in stroke)". I guess that wasn't really a very clear way for me to write that.

Anyway, after looking around more on google and eBay, it looks to me like I was given bad information and the timing chain gear does not appear to slide off of the crank snout. Maybe one row could be machined off of it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Tjabo View Post
        Thanks, but that's why I wrote "(understanding the difference in stroke)". I guess that wasn't really a very clear way for me to write that.

Anyway, after looking around more on google and eBay, it looks to me like I was given bad information and the timing chain gear does not appear to slide off of the crank snout. Maybe one row could be machined off of it though...

I believe the M60 crank will fit into the M62 bottom end, but the M62 crank will physically crank will physically fit the m60 bottom but the stroke will be longer.

Again this is what I have been told, I am planning to for the m60 crank into my m62 bottom end to reduce the compression ( shorter stroke)

Comment

both m60/62 crank sprocket for timing chain are removable single and double
          My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Excellent, thank you! So you can slide the double row sprocket off of the M60 crank and slide the single row chain sprocket from an M62 back onto it, right, or maybe they could be different I.D.s on the sprocket sleeves?

Comment

Working...
            X