My m52 swap plan need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My m52 swap plan need help!

Sorry for my shitty writing and Thank you for the big efforts in these superb threads about obd2 m52 swap.
    But i found it's alot to do to run the OBD2 in our E30 (that i can't find where i live)but i want to skip most of these requirements since i don't care about emmissions just want a good power engine with good idle.

I have a m52b28 obd2 from e38 728i 96 auto all wiring harness with ecu and sensors and don't want to go obd1.can someone tell me whats the easiest way and minimum requirements to connect it to my e30 c101 without flashing ecu (noone here where i live can flash ecu) as i said i don't care about emissions or passing smog tests.

Can i just run the auto ECU in my manual e30 without flashing ecu?
    Can i just not connect the rear o2 sensor since i am using e30 pipes?
    no fuel tank sensor?
    can i just connect important wires to my c101 and what are those ?

please help me get it done.

EWS is the biggest thing you will need to get around. The OBD2 cars here have a computer chip inside the key for the alarm system that will not allow the engine to start. I have no idea if its the same where you are or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
      EWS is the biggest thing you will need to get around. The OBD2 cars here have a computer chip inside the key for the alarm system that will not allow the engine to start. I have no idea if its the same where you are or not.
      Thanks alot man, I have the EWS module that came with the engine how do i trick it?

Comment

you would have to somehow integrate the wiring into your e30 dash harness. Im not good with wiring but that sounds nearly impossible to me. basically when they get flashed they remove the EWS feature from the DME. Your better off sourcing a DME that has all ready been done. and having it shipped to you

Comment

Working...
        X