X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have issues with the linkage binding? I'm having that issue atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you shift the booster over enough/too much? The booster shaft needs to be as straight as possible
      PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

I did 1/2 inch center to center. Maybe I need an adjustment for the linkage. I have the clevis made from 328isjunkie

Comment

Originally posted by E30335i View Post
          Anyone have issues with the linkage binding? I'm having that issue atm

I found the same...still haven't fixed it and resorted to just using an e21 booster as my intake manifold still wouldn't clear (using e28 535i mounts)

Comment

My booster was leaking! Changed and issue is fixed

Comment

You guys need to double check your measurements. My booster was leaking internally and now it's good. It's an inconvenience to change as the intake manifold has to be removed but I feel it has it perks.

Comment

I may have posted these before on another thread, but its slow at work and I'm bored. This thread seems to have been revived so I figured I'd share pics of how I did mine. Ive been driving it for 3 (?) years now with no issues. AKG swap engine mounts
                Attached Files

Comment

more pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I had a spare booster and clevis rod which I intended on chopping in half like the OP did.. But when it came down to it, I couldnt remember where I stuck the spare booster.. so I just whipped up the clevis piece out of some scrap stock that was laying around. Theres no binding at all.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Back from the dead...

Thinking of moving the stock booster for my swap based on this thread. The brakes on my E30 feel perfect and I don't want to risk loosing this with a different booster.

Everyone who's done this still happy with the set-up?

I will be having a friend TIG the two clevis pieces together to get good penetration and control the heat.

Comment

If people are interested, I made a clevis from a solid piece of steel. This doesn't require a weld, so it is much stronger.

Comment

Pepijn - that is a good looking piece. Are you pleased with the fitment/alignment of the booster rod with this part? I assume that you moved the booster over .5" like the original poster did?

If you are thinking of making a run of parts I would be interested.

Comment

Count me in as interested!
                            1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                            1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                            1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                            1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                            2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                            2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                            2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                            2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Didnt have any time to test fit it yet. But I am assuming it would fit like the TS's his self constructed part.

Will let you guy's know when the parts are finished.

Got some family issues atm, so hopefully will get at it next week.

Comment

Pepijn - Sounds good - family issues are always priority #1.

MJ

Comment

Working...
                                X