revshift 24v mounts not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
    Just installed some of the 24v mounts. They seem to make the intake awfully close to my 944 booster.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    I had to install about 1/4" worth of washers to clear the booster with shaved fins. As long as they hold their position I'm OK with that. If they allow the engine to move and make contact that's no good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

AKG worked for my 944 booster setup fine. Had garagistics trans, subframe, and RTABs with a Powerflex diff mount. AKG Trans mount cups work very well for street as well.
      CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
      Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
      -1984 325ei Lapis
      -1991 325ix Diamond
      - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
      -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
      -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

I ordered my mounts a few weeks ago. I'm hoping once the project starts I don't have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by GG///M3 View Post
          I ordered my mounts a few weeks ago. I'm hoping once the project starts I don't have any issues.
          I don't believe that they have revised their mounts yet, but as John at Revshift has told me after contacting him, they are working on a new style of mount that should fix all issues. So if you're getting the old/original style, please expect to have intake clearance issues with a 944/iX booster, without using spacers on the drivers side.

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
            I'd like to call out the claim that they "have zero issues with any other of there products".

It's called a "flex disc" for a reason. This Revshift part destroyed a transmission tunnel, shattered all of the shifter linkage and cracked the bell housing itself. When contacted, the company would not replace the part or offer to help with repairing any of the car that got destroyed due to this faulty part.
            Might I add to the "maintaining a straight driveline comment" and mention that this car was also using Revshift motor mounts.
            We recently swapped these mounts out for the "newer" design and found that the fitment is still absolute shit.

Do yourself a favor and stick with AKG or Condor products. And please, please, please, use an OEM flex disc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I had a similar issue with this same guibo. Cool niche market to fill, and the guibo does 'solve' a problem, albeit temporarily in too many cases for this product to be referred to as a success.

Mine ripped the poorly designed inserts/stud out as well. Thankfully I didn't withstand near the amount of damage you did.

I was gonna bitch about it (my old build thread may have 1 comment about it, but that's it), but after some quick research into the problem and then stumbling across their poor customer service standards/stories/ship times/ignored emails/etc. I decided to chuck it up as a loss and move on. 100 something dollars down the drain and some wasted time was already enough without dealing with additional headaches.

Good on Revshift for offering to try and find a solution, but its a moot point.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by f4tj0n View Post
              I don't believe that they have revised their mounts yet, but as John at Revshift has told me after contacting him, they are working on a new style of mount that should fix all issues. So if you're getting the old/original style, please expect to have intake clearance issues with a 944/iX booster, without using spacers on the drivers side.

That's gay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we have been using revshift 24v swap mounts and 944 ATE boosters in most of our e30 24v swaps and have not had an issue since the redesign. Customer service is lacking but the product has fit as advertised for us.
                Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                Bimmerbuddies LLC
                717-388-1256
                2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

I have all their bushings in my s52 car. the sub and trailing arm bushings fit great. the trans bushings fit great.

the 24v swap guibo, I had to shave down the trans output shaft because its the thicker style.

the engine mounts actually fit pretty good. I did have clearance issues with my booster, but I have the stock eta booster which is HUGE, and just moved it over a 1/2 inch. I ended up just shaving the fins, and denting the booster just a tad and everything fits. its tight but all fits. if I put a washer on the mount it would raise it enough to fit fine. I am also using the s52 intake mani.

Those guibo pics sure do make me nervous, but I always wanted to try the revshift guibo so here we go.

All in all pretty happy with the tolerances on the rest of the bushings.
                  Race German
                  Automotive clothing from your favorite brands included: CAtuned,
                  UUC, Garagistic, Revshift, Moar Designs, Condor Speed Shop,
                  Neue Motorsports, Bimmerheads, Motorsports Hardware and more.
                  Also offer track decals for any track in the world.

:thankyou:

Comment

can we use stock e28 535i engine mounts and fill the middle hole (between the rubber) with polyurethane to lessen the engine movement during high revs or decelerations?

Comment

Or just use e34 m50 motormounts which are solid rubber, cheap and direct fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ADEN View Post
                        can we use stock e28 535i engine mounts and fill the middle hole (between the rubber) with polyurethane to lessen the engine movement during high revs or decelerations?
                        you could do that or use the stiffer green rubber version form the e28 m5
                        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                        Bimmerbuddies LLC
                        717-388-1256
                        2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                        bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                          use the stiffer green rubber version from the e28 m5
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

The tabs on the subframe tend to bend and sag over time as well. Happened on my e30. I bought r3vshift and the angles never worked nor did they offer instructions. Akgs fit way better but my subframe sagged a bit causing issues.

Comment

I am using the revshift 24v motor mounts, and I want to note that OBD1 m5x downpipe fits perfectly with no hammering. It cleared by bigger sways, subframe, and stock lollipop WITH the metal heat shield around it. I was pretty surprised.

I am also using obd2 headers. just a FYI for anyone out there
                              Race German
                              Automotive clothing from your favorite brands included: CAtuned,
                              UUC, Garagistic, Revshift, Moar Designs, Condor Speed Shop,
                              Neue Motorsports, Bimmerheads, Motorsports Hardware and more.
                              Also offer track decals for any track in the world.

:thankyou:

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                                you could do that or use the stiffer green rubber version form the e28 m5
                                Would not encourage this.

Had a pair fail on me, sending my S52 into my brand new Mishimoto radiator 50 miles from home.

Was not a fun day.

For something like this, set aside the funds and get the right part. I switched to the AKG 24v swap mounts and was fine, even with high horsepower.
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X