Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried renting a private lot to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried renting a private lot to play?

Hey guys, I have been toying around with a few ideas. I thought I would jump on r3v to have some people talk me through this bad idea. What I want is a small concrete lot to rent at night or something. That way I can perform shakedowns and just have fun. I live in South Kentucky. There are no tracks with turns local. At least none with concrete.

I know a couple of things will have to be present.
    1. No people, spectators, etc.
    2. The gate would have to be locked to prevent public access.

I am assuming noise is where they will nail me, but if it is on private property way out in the Kentucky woods. What can it hurt?

Also, I have a family member that is a county attorney, so I could have a contact drawn up that would clear any party of liabilities. Except myself probably.

-OR-

Would I be better off just trying to buy some concrete and just creating my own skidpad.

I have thought about this every day for months and seen it on another forum, less english speaking. I know it's a much better idea to go to a track, but the only close events are 3+hours away with higher than regular prices to slide. Drifting is my passion, I realize I will get a lot of flame for saying that. But, I paid for my 30, built it, I will thrash it. So any help or ideas would be awesome.

My top goal is safety and legality.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
    I live in South Kentucky. There are no tracks with turns local. At least none with concrete.
    Why is concrete a thing?

Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      Why is concrete a thing?

https://goo.gl/maps/QcKT8P1esU72
      Thanks for that. I did know of Beech Bend. Not this track though. I have been attending East10Drift events.
      East10Drift is the southeast's premier organization for the sport of drifting. We host several drift events all across the southeast region. Including Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia. Our events take place at several venues in Knoxville, Nashville, Bristol, Charlotte, and Atlanta.
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Bluegrass Chapter of the BMW CCA will be at NCM this weekend.

Comment

Wow how old is that Google image that they haven't even broken ground on that track in that image? Just have to watch out for sinkholes right? ;)

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
            Bluegrass Chapter of the BMW CCA will be at NCM this weekend.
            I saw those prices too. I wonder what spectators cost would be?
            20% Accurate

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
              Wow how old is that Google image that they haven't even broken ground on that track in that image? Just have to watch out for sinkholes right? ;)
              "The Sinkhole" is the name of the T18-T21 complex.

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
              I saw those prices too. I wonder what spectators cost would be?
              There's no charge to spectate, though the spectating facilities/views are mediocre at best. As of this Spring they were only allowing the public on the balconies overlooking the front straight.

Comment

Herb I completely understand where u are coming from. I just got my e30 running again. A few friends(240sx owners) and I have been talking about looking for a skid pad area to rent for weekend tire slaying. I know an airport near me rents a skid pad area they have for local autox events but it's $$$
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
                  Herb I completely understand where u are coming from. I just got my e30 running again. A few friends(240sx owners) and I have been talking about looking for a skid pad area to rent for weekend tire slaying. I know an airport near me rents a skid pad area they have for local autox events but it's $$$
                  That's an alright idea. There is an abandoned airstrip in my county. I never understood why we had it in the first place. I live in a town that has no mayor guys. It's crazy.

Are airports owned by the county or privately?
                  20% Accurate

Comment

Working...
                  X