My new touring project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new touring project

I wasn't looking for another car, much less another touring but couldn't pass this one up. It needs some work but the fun stuff is already done.

'93 525iT
    5-speed swap with a trans from a '98 m-roadster
    3.73 LSD diff
    Bilstein sports, eibach springs, eibach? sway bars, SLS delete
    Vortech V2 supercharger

I'm picking up a set of m-tech skirts for it and will be swapping the hood and grill from a '95 as well as painting the lower sections on the bumpers to match the skirts.

Needs wheels, but I haven't made up my mind what yet. Going to try and stick with 18's as I think they help to offset the fat look of the touring. For now I'm stripping the Mas Italy wheels that are on it and painting them back to silver.

Interior needs the normal headliner and trim pieces updated as well as a new shift surround since they left the auto panel in there after the swap. Car is getting a a full audio system installed this weekend care of my buddy Chris.

Car is currently at Jordan's getting the oil leak fixed that we thought was rear main seal but turned out to be the giant hole in the back due to one of the flywheel bolts not being installed. Also fixing the flange issue it had by installing the correct flange and a RevShift flex disk and correct trans crossmember.

Should be a fun car once it's sorted out. I'll try to update pics as I go along.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
    1989 325iC M50 Vert
    1989 325i Coupe
    1991 318is
    1995 318ti Club Sport
    2006 330i e90
    2008 Tundra Crewmax

pretty jealous right now, I'm looking to get out of my jeep this year for winter and that looks like a perfect upgrade. Nice!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
      pretty jealous right now, I'm looking to get out of my jeep this year for winter and that looks like a perfect upgrade. Nice!
      What year is the Jeep? I might be up for a trade

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
      1989 325iC M50 Vert
      1989 325i Coupe
      1991 318is
      1995 318ti Club Sport
      2006 330i e90
      2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Why a 3 73? I thought the 3.23 was deep enough.

Comment

It's a 98 grand cherokee, Im ready when you are.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X