No announcement yet.

1990 325is 390,000 miles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it with 371,000 on it from a single owner who decided he'd had enough of trying to keep it going. His mechanic told him the motor was done. I bought it, put it up on jack stands, and got to work:

Timing belt, cam seal, water pump, valve adjustment, all new radiator hoses, thermostat and housing, coolant temp sensors, O2 sensor, distributor cap/rotor, plugs, alternator, exhaust manifold heat shield and gaskets, clutch, shifter bushings, driveshaft (U joint was rusted) center bearing, fuel pump (I have a new tank but I'll put it in later), AFM, valve adjustment and cover gasket, cat back, flushed all the fluids, rebuilt all the calipers, replaced rotors, pads, short lines/flex lines/hard lines, swapped blown 3.73LSD for a newer 4.10 LSD

I'm going to do a suspension refresh when I have the time. As of now, it drives very well.

I estimate I've put at least 20,000 miles on it, if not, more.

Before this, I had a 1992 318i convertible (Alpine white). I put about 40k on that car. I sold it to my sister for her first car.
    Last edited by kaygeee; 02-25-2017, 04:44 AM. Reason: Embellish
    Look where you want to go!
    1990 325is
    1987 325is
    1992 318iC

Comment

You seem to be taking the right route as far as maintenance is concerned, great job. Glad the timing belt was the one major item (or should I say minor item with major consequences.) replaced.
      1990 325i
      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
        You seem to be taking the right route as far as maintenance is concerned, great job. Glad the timing belt was the one major item (or should I say minor item with major consequences.) replaced.
        For sure! The whole process was pretty major
        Last edited by kaygeee; 02-25-2017, 05:34 AM.
        Look where you want to go!
        1990 325is
        1987 325is
        1992 318iC

Comment

Yeah, the process is major.

Concerning the 1992 318i convertible, pics or it didn't happen.

P.S. Oh, and I am asking on behalf of R3V, when I say pics, I mean pics of sister!
          Last edited by IceWhite; 02-25-2017, 10:49 AM.
          1990 325i
          2004 330i Individual 6-speed
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
            I agree on the alpine white thing... ;)

My alpine white '86 is just hitting 481K km (near 289K miles). I've been dailying her since purchase over 4 years ago. Done most of maintenance/repairs myself... only seen a shop 3 times. I drive about 50-60K km per year (30-36K miles). :D

Keep that old girl going! :)
            Yup. Unfortunately, my m20 was pulled at 280k to replace with an m62b44. Just waiting for brake fittings right now.

Sent from the depths of hell with my Nexus 6p.
            My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

Thats awesome.

yea i agree on the alphin white thing haha. got about 380k on my 318is before I swapped to rebuilt motor. Then on cabrio 250k now. Still daily the 318
              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Those RZ's are ;D
                '87 325is

Comment

Working...
                X