No announcement yet.

Project e34 525i touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read through the thread, I daily a '94 540i and am supposed to pick up a '95 525it on Saturday. Is there anything touring specific that I should look for/concern myself with when looking at it or is it pretty much the same as the sedan in most respects? Thanks!
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

tailgate is different. ask if everything on it works, lights, wiper, lock, etc. and check to see if all 4 struts are still good. 2 hold up the glass, 2 hold up the whole tailgate.

also check if the double sunroof works or not.

the rear seat and rear doors are touring specific, so check condition because finding replacements could be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
        do you have any idea on specs for those struts?
        what specs are you looking for? I posted all the dimensions
        WTB:m60b40 in PNW
        Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
        92 525it 5 speed.
        80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
          Just read through the thread, I daily a '94 540i and am supposed to pick up a '95 525it on Saturday. Is there anything touring specific that I should look for/concern myself with when looking at it or is it pretty much the same as the sedan in most respects? Thanks!

e34s in general,
          -check the cluster buttons, you should be able to clear the trip(common problem, easy to fix)
          -saging headliner
          -Automatic is gonna fail, if it hasnt yet its a matter of time
          -brake circuit warning, I have got mine to not show up finally by replacing the LCM
          -Front bushings

M50s
          -coolant system!!!!! make sure it has been done, if no records, plan on doing it when you get home.

touring
          -Hatch wiring, like stated above there are two handles, one in the middle opens the whole hatch, one on passanger side opens the glass.
          when either is opened the rear light should come on.
          rear wiper should work and when turn off should rest in the lower passenger side, if the wiring is fucked it will stop in some random spot
          reverse lights and license plate lights run though that.
          -Double sunroof, try to get a car with out it, but if it doesn see if it works
          *it works*
          Great! use it often and grease everything every couple months
          *It doesnt*
          well prepare for that SOB to leak, i took a "Easy flow" clear silicone in a tube and sealed mine shut, i havent had a leak since, and unless i point it out, you cant tell
          -Rear self Leveling Suspension, im not a purist, so this is just mine option, it sucks cock, mine blew out, thank god i was close to home, but its soft and bouncy, its heavy.
          deleting it is very easy.
          -Sedan rear door cards will work
          -back seat is touring only, took awhile to find a good parchment one
          there is more but those are the main things
          Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
          92 525it 5 speed.
          80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

small updates, I do alot to this car but dont document half of it.
            it snowed for a day so went out and played a bit

after that fun i decided to tackle the rear hatch wiring

thats the only pic i got, but the drivers side had already been fucked with so i had alot of cutting and soldering.
            the passenger side was untoched but i found about every wire was snapped
            after that im happy to say that everything except the wiper works, which is really nice to be able to not have to use the key to open the hatch and be able to open just the glass and rid the car of the error messages.
            i did have to replace the hatch actuator, which was failed and would only open once a day. I snagged that and with side wire covers(i had to break to fix the harness) at my local junk yard

also I snagged Austin!'s style 5s

i have factory wheel locks and hub rings on the way but i like these wheels alot more then the style 18s
            Last edited by FireFight; 01-18-2016, 03:36 PM.
            Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
            92 525it 5 speed.
            80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Low tech Spring

Originally posted by FireFight View Post
              Update:
              I fixed all the oil leaks (valve cover and oil filter housing gasket) as well as the spark plugs.
              she is running great.
              not to take care of the 4WD look in the front.
              i meet a guy locally (Chris with a 535i) that hooked me up with front 45mm low tech spring for the touring. the rear has a good about of sag, so until i get around to deleting the SLS in the rear, the height is fine with me.
              he also gave me a front plate delete

I'm interested if you plan on selling the front 45mm low tech spring. Thanks.

before

during

after

not slammed, but better then before. andmy lady is driving it daily so it cant be to low if i value the oil pan
              alpine gang

I can feel the trans not wanting to shift in to the next gear randomly, so i have started to stock pile 5 speed swap.
              more on that soon enough

Comment

Working...
              X