Wespe my 1990 318i Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wespe my 1990 318i Touring

I bought this 1990 318i Touring on Ebay about a month ago. It is currently sitting at my parent's house at the moment because I am still in Australia. I will not but, eyes on it for another month. I am planning on bringing it to California right after I see it.
    It has the M40 which I know is sad generating engine because of issues it has. I am going to keep it regularly maintained until it finally craps and then comes an M50.

My big plans are not exciting other than enjoying it and adding some nice touches. I would like to get an aftermarket radio and some speakers, I also would like to get some better seats, and *gasp* purists I am sorry but, I want tinted windows.
    Last edited by Porthos; 03-27-2016, 06:15 PM.

Wow looks like a real nice car.

Comment

Clean car. Wish it wasn't right hand drive.
      1991 E30 318is - Project car
      1995 E36 M3 - Impulse buy
      1998 E36 M3 - Weekend car
      2002 E46 325i - Daily
      --------------
      1991 E30 325i - Sold
      2003 E39 540i Msport - Sold

Comment

That is what makes it so much more interesting.

Comment

Its been awhile since I have posted but, I finally got hands on a couple of weeks ago. I drove it across from Florida to California and about Texas is where I figured that might not have been a good idea. It needs a couple of immediate fixes like rotors, transmission/diff flush, and the clutch needs to be flushed also. Other than that it runs okay. I replaced the chrome kidneys with black considering that was the only piece of chrome on the car and it didn't really match very well.
          The original dealership sticker

Here is the blacked out grille

Just some fun with cars

Comment

Love it! She looks just like mine.. only mines a tad lower. Can't wait to put my fog covers on!
            1990 Touring

Comment

tony, foglights are soo much cooler.

nice purchase though!
              -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
              -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

That is one of the things I would like to do. Is it hard to install them?

Comment

Great clean looking touring :)

RHD... ship it down under! We need more tourings down here (there's only a handful of them around).

I'll probably end up with an e46 or F31 one day to scratch my touring itch as e30 tourings sell for crazy prices due to their rarity.
                  My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

They sell for premium here in the States too. I wish I had know you wanted it I would have shipped out there while I was in Darwin.

Comment

The exhaust decided to give up. I have it fixed already and sounds great now. Got some other small stuff to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos View Post
                        The exhaust decided to give up. I have it fixed already and sounds great now. Got some other small stuff to fix.
                        My exhaust is on its way out as well.. currently pondering what to get to replace it. What did you go with?
                        1990 Touring

Comment

Just welded the stock on back together.

Comment

Just had some M3 control arm bushings installed(kind of feel like a bad ass now). I also got my Gearswitch cup holder, new spark plugs, and a new fuel filter. I will be installing the fuel filter and spark plugs in tomorrow also with some new fuel lines because one or two under the hood are a little ratty. I will get some updated pictures too because I will have a plate holder Saturday and I will be able to finally drop the rear gate down.

Comment

next in my inventory looks great man cant wait to get one for myself!
                              sigpic
                              Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

Working...
                              X