Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom DSSR's - Version 3!! Stainless Steel - $60 shipped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. I was waiting for your product to become available but I ended up going with garagistic for timings sake. Sorry to hear of all the complications man
    '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
    '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
    '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

Originally posted by LateE30 View Post
      Interesting. I was waiting for your product to become available but I ended up going with garagistic for timings sake. Sorry to hear of all the complications man
      No worries, man. I make these to support the e30 community and because I like to make things. I have some other products I've been developing for my own car that I think r3v will like as well. I just wish I had a cnc plasma table or waterjet at my disposal!
      P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Cool man. Keep us posted on your products.
        '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
        '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
        '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

I received mine a few weeks ago from Ben, and although I haven't installed it yet, I'm very excited to! Ben was great about answering all of my questions and had no trouble custom making one to fit my 15+ year old E36 UUC v.2 short shifter. And all that for a great price. Thank you Ben, I'll post up more after it's installed!

________________________1988 528e Rally-xmobile___________________
          2014 WDCR Rally-X MR Season Champion, 2014 NE Div. Challenge MR Winner

Comment

hey there man! are thexse still available? i am needing one for a m52/zf swap just let me know!

Comment

Update 8/9/17

Update 8/9/17

Sorry it's taken so long between updates. Lots going on at my normal job. . .

To minimize my time investment from drilling, cutting, welding, etc. I drew up some CAD of the pieces and found a small vendor to laser cut and CNC bend the pieces. T

The prototype versions aren't CNC bent and were cut on a plasma CNC so I had to do some manual tweaking, but the versions I will be producing will be 304 stainless cut with laser and CNC bent for perfect fitment.

The vendor drew up the 3D version for me

Here it is welded together:

Testing fitment with the late model shift rod joint and the nylon washers: PERFECT

Also, since so many guys are running shifters with increased lower rod length and coming into clearance issues with harmonic dampers and whatnot, I have made a design to help clear that by making angled end pieces. Of course, this can be accomplished by bending the shaft of the DSSR.

This will lift the rod up 5 mm at the shifter end for added clearance. However, I plan to increase this to a 10-15 mm clearance.

I haven't placed an order from my endpiece supplier yet as I there is a minimum order and I am not sure if there would be enough demand since so many others are making DSSR's now.

Price for the stainless versions would be $60 shipped. I will supply zinc plated hardware with (4) nylon washers so you can adjust tension for a tight shift feel as opposed to pins and clips which offer no 'squeeze' on the joints.

So, any interest in these?

Comment

Addition: I did get a quote for clevis pins to replace the bolts used, but it would add another $10 to each order

Comment

Checking interest in these before I place an order for the end pieces and my other raw materials.

Comment

I am interested, especially with the clevis and bend for the short shifters.

Edit: I am in for one!
                    Last edited by Gregolas; 08-11-2017, 06:48 AM.
                    - Greg
                    α Team Founding Member
                    1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                    2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

When I see solidworks on this forum, Im in. Let me know when and if this becomes a production.

Comment

I'm in, i ordered the SSK from ECS using the stock z3 1.9 lever, and would love a DSSR solution.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...25117527252kt/ (thats the kit I have)

Comment

I need an m42 version. How soon before these are available?

Comment

Would this still work for a 325i with a z3 1.9 or 2.8 shifter? Excuse my ignorance if this is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                              When I see solidworks on this forum, Im in. Let me know when and if this becomes a production.
                              Haha! I should've done it earlier then!

Originally posted by ThePerfectLine View Post
                              I'm in, i ordered the SSK from ECS using the stock z3 1.9 lever, and would love a DSSR solution.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...25117527252kt/ (thats the kit I have)
                              That's not a problem at all. I have the z3 shifter in my car with my version 1 DSSR. However, if you are retaining the harmonic damper on your driveshaft then it'll need to either have the shaft bent (the DSSR, not driveshaft) or have one of the angled ends put on.

Originally posted by captain awesome View Post
                              I need an m42 version. How soon before these are available?
                              I emailed my supplier for the endpieces to get an ETA if I were to order today. I'll update as soon as I find out as it will take only a few days upon receiving that I can finish the rest of the fabrication and get the units shipped out.

Originally posted by eThirtyAaron View Post
                              Would this still work for a 325i with a z3 1.9 or 2.8 shifter? Excuse my ignorance if this is obvious.
                              No worries. It's a good question. The extended lever will cause interference with the harmonic damper unless a) the harmonic damper is removed from the driveshaft b) the shaft of the selector rod is bent to clear or c) angled DSSR ends are used to raise the DSSR shaft above the damper/driveshaft

Comment

I'm interested in the M42 solution as well - I currently have the EVO 3 UUC Short shift kit - I'm not sure if this changes what I would need or not.

Please let me know when they'll be available and for how much.

Comment

Working...
                                X