Parts car feeler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts car feeler.

I'll post pics of the interior later I promise.

I have a 1991 bronze 4 door 325i with an is vin. It has a limited slip diff, an engine that runs very well, the paint is not great, and the body's got little dents here and there, H&R springs with Bilstien shocks, an imaculate black leather interior with ok tan carpets. The dash is crack free and beautiful. Everything is electric and the only thing that doesn't work is the rear window defrost. I love the car but some A-hole backed into it in front of my house and ran away.

The damage includes: drivers front fender is caved in, the hood is curled down at the front left corner, the left headlight is pushed into the left high beam, the radiator support is a little mangled behind the fender, and the passenger side wheel that was up against the curb is bent. That is all that I can see without putting it on a lift.

Geico totalled it and gave me $3,200.00 for the car. I'm going to get an estimate to get it fixed, but if the damage is more than the check from Geico then I'm not going to be able to fix it. I also don't have the time or garage space to part it out myself. I want nothing more than to return my car to it's former glory, but if I can't, I want to know that it's going to be used well.

Anyone interested? The car still drives so you can test drive it, and even drive it home. I'm still driving it to work every day.

And this was the car before fate struck it's ugly blow
    1991 325i 4-door Sport Package
    1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (for sale)

I'm taking it in for the estimate on thursday of friday depending on when I get my Porsche back from the shop. It'z ze german carz' fault that I'm broke.
    Last edited by PetrolHead951; 12-10-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your car.

Im interested in the engine. Where are you located in Virginia? Any leaks? Has it ever been rebuilt or over heated? Can i get compression on it? Thanks

Comment

I've only owned the car for a year. I'm in Norfolk. No leaks, but the power steering belt jumped ship about a month ago. 170,xxx miles, it's never overheated for me. It's never been rebuilt.

Comment

How many miles are on the suspension set up and how much would you like for it? Sorry to hear about your car

Comment

PM'D with an offer for the whole car this weekend.

Comment

Hey, if you dont fix that car (which it clearly should be), I'd like the passenger fender.
              --Will

Comment

I'm trying my best to convince my wife to let me use some savings in addition to the Geico check if the repair quote's a little bit more. I really want to keep this car.

Comment

Waking this one back up. This car is FOR SALE!!!! I've been driving it for the last year and it's worked flawlessly. I removed the power steering belt because it was dry rotted, the left headlight is a little off because of the damage, and I had to replace a bent wheel with the spare, but other than that it's been great. For sale in Norfolk, VA, $1,500 or best offer. Call me at (248 )504-1818. Strong engine, Black leather interior in excellent condition, Limited slip differential, new catalytic converter. Drives straight and strong. I do not have a current inspection.

176,000 miles.

And the dash is no longer entirely crack free... but you can't see them from the drivers seat.

If you're interested I can text you pictures
                  Last edited by PetrolHead951; 01-19-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Pics?
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                    X