Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 BMW E30 325iS | Sleeper | LS1/T56 Swap | 6 Speed | NJ - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 BMW E30 325iS | Sleeper | LS1/T56 Swap | 6 Speed | NJ - No Longer Available

1989 BMW E30 325iS | Sleeper | LS1/T56 Swap | 6 Speed | NJ

Basic Details:
    89 325is
    5.7L LS1 Motor from 04 GTO (39k miles)
    T56 6 Speed manual from 04 GTO
    3.73 LSD Differential
    108k Miles
    Basketweaves
    Power Windows/Locks
    Maplight Rearview Mirror
    13 Button OBC
    Overhead Check Panel
    No AC
    Heat Works
    iS Front Valence Spoiler
    iS Rear Spoiler
    Tan Sport Seats (driver seat is the worst obviously, but not that bad. Rest of the seats are in pretty good shape)
    Overall Very Clean Interior & Exterior

Minimal amount of rust (2 small surface spots on car. Driver side rear window and near tow hook)

Clean Title with no accidents or paint work. I am the 3rd owner, owned since 9/22/14. The two previous owners were related. I bought it from an elder couple that inherited the car around 2004 after the original owner passed. They rarely drove the car. The tires are from 07 and are still about 8/32 and that's now, a year into having an LS1 in it. The swap was completed on 9/14/15 and that same day I drove the car home from my father's shop. The swap has a few thousand miles on it.

Modifications:
    LS1 & T56 (39k Miles) From 2004 GTO. The T56 in the GTO is much better than the T56 in F-bodies. It has triple cone synchros, making it stronger, and has better ratios!
    New:
    Spark plugs
    Wires
    Injectors
    LS2 Waterpump
    New oil pump
    O2 Sensors
    Sikky Mount Kit
    Aluminum Oil Pan
    Remote Oil Filter kit
    Engine mounts
    Trans mount
    One piece Driveshaft
    Sikky 1 7/8in to 3.5in headers
    3" Dual exhuast to a magnaflow muffler
    Hydroboost Linkage (Garrets)
    Mustang GT Hydroboost
    E36 M3 Steering Column
    Steering Shaft
    Wiring Harness
    Oil pressure, battery voltage, and coolant temp gauges installed
    Treehouse Racing Control Arm Bushings (Eyeball Arms)
    Custom Intake (gets air from brake duct)
    Custom Exhaust
    Custom Lines and fittings
    Custom Radiator
    Zirgo 3630cfm fan (not installed yet, will get to it next week)
    Hurst Shifter (No knob)

Bad:
    Dash board has a few small cracks in it. Nothing outrageous
    No power steering (bad rack)
    Hydroboost leaks a small amount (Brakes work very good. I've added fluid twice over the course of a year. You'll need a replacement hydroboost out of a mustang)
    Tires are dry-rotted
    Tachometer needs a coding plug to work with the v8 (sold at garagistic.com)

Why I'm Selling:
    Bought a viper.

Price:.

$18,000 obo

PS: Seriously, I do not want to sell this car. It was a father/son build and I had tremendous plans to build it to the next level, but then I bought the viper and started thinking I would turn this into my daily. Then reality hit me and I can't logically use this as a daily driver. This and my 06 325i will have to go and something awd will take their place. This car runs like a top and is ready to be modified however the next owner sees fit.

List Date: 8/24/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1989 BMW E30 325iS | Sleeper | LS1/T56 Swap | 6 Speed | NJ
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by papag1234; 10-09-2016, 12:49 PM.

nice sleeper!
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Pics of rust?

Any idea if getting A/C installed is possible? I'm in TX, so I would need it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
        nice sleeper!
        Thank you!

Originally posted by Mahalaleel View Post
        Pics of rust?

Any idea if getting A/C installed is possible? I'm in TX, so I would need it.
        I will get to the pics as soon as possible and AC is definitely possible.

Comment

Bottle caps will take it to the next and final level of sleepiness.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Bottle caps will take it to the next and final level of sleepiness.
            I think the basketweaves are good enough ;)

Bump

Comment

I'd love to drive it. Looks like a well thought out project. GLWS

Comment

very sweet car indeed but man, $18k is a lotta monies

Comment

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
                  I'd love to drive it. Looks like a well thought out project. GLWS
                  Thank you. Anyone seriously interested can drive it.

Originally posted by dinkman94 View Post
                  very sweet car indeed but man, $18k is a lotta monies
                  Thank you! Yes it is, but you're getting an unmolested ls1 e30 with a low mileage motor and trans and a bunch of new parts. It's not setup for drag or drift so you can go any direction with it. Bring it somewhere with no snow and daily it if you want. It drives like stock until you step on it plus it's reliable as hell and cheap to maintain and relatively cheap to make gobs of power. The hardest part of the swap is already out of the way. The rest of the car... paint, suspension, wheels, cosmetics, etc, can be curtailed exactly how the next owner wants. Plus the car is all original. No accidents or body work or paint, etc etc. I'm very reasonable with my price and negotiation, there are just too many lowballers around. I'm hoping to weed out anyone not serious with my asking price.

Plus you can get great mpg, high 20's, low 30's, if you can manage to keep your foot off of the accelerator.

Comment

I wish you were in Texas. A finished version of this (A/C, interior and exterior restored as much as possible) is my dream car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahalaleel View Post
                      I wish you were in Texas. A finished version of this (A/C, interior and exterior restored as much as possible) is my dream car.
                      You can always ship it, or take a few days and drive it back cross country :p my brother drove back and fourth to AZ for school.

Also added some photos after cleaning it up a bit. Will continue to perfect any imperfections and update with newer photos. Also there was less rust spots than I remembered. Must have been one of my other e30s I was thinking of.

Comment

To the top. Should get to updating the ad beginning to middle of upcoming week.

Comment

More pics of the girl in a bikini in the photos? Bump

Comment

^^Same request...

GLWS, looks like a solid car, wish I had the money, V8 power and torque is excellent.

Comment

Haha easy fellas. Ordered a new water temp gauge, got a new shift knob, and put the radiator fan in. Also ordered a new iS front lip since the one on there now is kinda broken. Also cleaned up the bottom of the car!

Also ordered the v8 rpm tach signal plug so the tach will also work.

Comment

Working...
                              X