Chris916 E30 M60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris916 E30 M60

Hey guys, I just finished my M60 swap, and figured i'd share a few pictures.

Here are the cliffnotes.

Bought a 1995 540 parts car. pulled the motor/tranny

Pulled out the stock m20 out of the e30

Test fit

Engine bay cleaned up/painted

Motor cleaned up/sealed

Everything in.Exhaust built

And all done!

Still have a few kinks to work out, and mainly clean a few things up. I've done about 350km on it now with no major issues!

Big thanks to this forum for the help and references I used for this build.

Awesome!

What muffler are you running? Any videos?
    Originally posted by ebelements
    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Very well executed..looks clean as hell!! Great job! Now I wish I still lived in Ottawa I need to see this car in person :) I'm coming down on 21st of August maybe we could meet?
      Denny

Blogs:
      http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
      http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
      http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
        Awesome!

What muffler are you running? Any videos?

Muffler is a Maganflow 12468 Dual in-dual out. No driving videos yet, But I got this crappy video after Installed it. It's pretty loud with just the single muffler. I'm considering adding a mid muffler as well. Sounds awesome under load though!

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Very well executed..looks clean as hell!! Great job! Now I wish I still lived in Ottawa I need to see this car in person :) I'm coming down on 21st of August maybe we could meet?
        Thanks! For sure, let me know when you're in town. Should be around on the 21st!

Comment

Long overdue, got another sound clip of this guy.

Comment

Nice!

Flyby vids pls&thx.

Also, noticed I have the same lift as you.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Nice! Sounds good too!

Comment

Sweet car. Can you post some more pics of the car in your avatar? Or where it's from? Because those fenders look like how I wanted my fenders to turn out. It'd be interesting to see how the quarters were done

Comment

Thanks guys, Flyby videos to come. Probably taking it to the drag strip on the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                    Sweet car. Can you post some more pics of the car in your avatar? Or where it's from? Because those fenders look like how I wanted my fenders to turn out. It'd be interesting to see how the quarters were done

Sure thing. I Originally built the fenders with fiberglass, by simply gluing styrofoam to the car, then laying up on it. It didn't turn out the nicest, but it was functional. I then decided to try to build them out of steel, So I basically cut up 2 stock fenders and welded them together. They turned out pretty good, so I'd like to do the rears the same. Just haven't had time to tackle them yet.

Comment

The steel version of the fronts came out pretty darn good! I've been fighting the urge to do this on my street car project. After being able to put pretty much anything I want under my racecar, it's hard to have to live with
                      225-235 tires...

Comment

Also a sweet car, like the splitter.

Fenders are practically the same as mine, not sure how wide yours are but they look pretty damn similar

Never got around to doing the quarters, but yours came out good. Couldn't decide whether I wanted the rear of the quarter to come back into the body or go straight back.

I personally thought I'd make fiberglass moulds out of them just in case I hit a wall or something... recreating those fenders would be a nightmare

Comment

Thanks, and I know what you mean! I've been toying with the idea of doing a m3 steel fender conversion on the 4 door street car.. It's really a ton of work to do it properly though. It's easy on a racecar to say 'meh, good enough' but not for the street car lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                            Also a sweet car, like the splitter.

Fenders are practically the same as mine, not sure how wide yours are but they look pretty damn similar

Never got around to doing the quarters, but yours came out good. Couldn't decide whether I wanted the rear of the quarter to come back into the body or go straight back.

I personally thought I'd make fiberglass moulds out of them just in case I hit a wall or something... recreating those fenders would be a nightmare
                            Yea, i'm not too sure on width. Just worked them around the 255's with some room to spare if I want to wider.

I think if I were to do the rears in steel, I would build a fiberglass mold to re-create them. Same for the fronts. Wouldn't be too difficult to do. My thought was the same lol

Comment

Clean swap man, looks great.

Sounds awesome. So your not running any cats? Or x-pipe?
                              Any drone?

Comment

Working...
                              X