Here we go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go!

Well guys, I've finally broke down a got myself a S52. And I can't be more excited... haven't really got stared on it just yet.. I just got the motor still need all the other stuff like oil pan clutch, etc.. but wanted to let some like minded people know wat I was doing... I've read and read the write up on it, pretty much memorized it, so maybe I would t have a single question. But was hoping if I came up with a problem you guys can help me out.. should be really diving into the project with a couple weeks. I'll keep pics and try to have a keep my progress documented for you guys to enjoy...
    Attached Files

good luck and welcome to the club!
    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Congrats bro! I just got a overheated m50 with auto tranny for 200 in the process of tearing it down to get the block and head machined! Are you rebuilding yours? Since this is my first swap/build I'm going to take the time to tear it down and understand all aspects of this motor.

Comment

No... I wish I was but I'm kinda crushed on time here... I need to get back to southern oregon, and I'm in Tennessee now. So a rebuild on the engine will have to wait. But anyways, I've got a whole lot more parts since I've been on here last... pretty much all I need now is my wiring harness to get back from market motor works... shouldn't bee too much longer.. then the swap may begin!!!!

Oh and i forgot to ask last time, anybody put the who has already done this swap, if you got any pointers you could share would be nice..

Comment

Good luck! I'm in the middle of an S52 swap into my 87 convertible. PM me if you need any help. I'm not done yet but I might be able to help!

Comment

That's awesome... I should be starting in a few days.. which motor mounts are you using and maybe which brake booster?? I wanting to keep my stock brake booste, and was gonna go with the condour speed mounts, was hoping they fit easily.

Comment

Originally posted by SnickleFrittz View Post
              That's awesome... I should be starting in a few days.. which motor mounts are you using and maybe which brake booster?? I wanting to keep my stock brake booste, and was gonna go with the condour speed mounts, was hoping they fit easily.
              I'm using the E28 hexagon mounts and I ordered them from Markert Motor Works who flashed my ECU to stay OBD2. Since it's a vert I want to keep it softer.

Booster is from a 325ix. You need to drill the firewall to fit it as it has two angled studs whereas the stock booster has four in a square pattern. The clevis bolted up fine after it was mounted.

I don't have the motor in yet but is definitely smaller than the stock one and I got it from a swapped car.

Comment

Working...
              X