No announcement yet.

Guide to your OBD2 swap! Diagnostics and logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as helpful as https://boyanmilushev.wordpress.com/...obd-ii-pinout/ ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

lots of extra wires there vs what the E36 uses. 2 grounds, switched +12v, and the K-line.

IIRC you can pick up the switched +12v and k-line from X6031 pins 8 and 4, respectively.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
        Not as helpful as https://boyanmilushev.wordpress.com/...obd-ii-pinout/ ;)

True
        Originally posted by Northern View Post
        lots of extra wires there vs what the E36 uses. 2 grounds, switched +12v, and the K-line.

IIRC you can pick up the switched +12v and k-line from X6031 pins 8 and 4, respectively.
        And this :)

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

This has a good pinout too

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Sucks that I didn't know this before I finished up my wiring. Now I'm gonna have to hunt through.

Comment

trying to figure out why I cant get any info from my 20 pin. I am hunting through and it appears that I have no connection to pins 15 and 20 (RXD and TXD) I do have connections for pin 17 (TXD2) and pin 2 (TXD2). I cant seem to find a TXD signal in the DME other than the one that goes to pin 17 on the 20 pin. And I cant find any RXD signal, does that matter?

Comment

anyone know where txd and rxd come from?

Comment

anyone know where txd and rxd come from?

For anyone reading who doesn't have these memorized:
                  X6000 ECU connector
                  X6002 ADS Diag port
                  X20 Underhood main engine/body connector
                  X6031 Small Underhood engine/body connector adjacent to X20
                  X19527 OBD2 port

TXD X6002-20 -> x20-17 -> abs/asc/ews/obc/other body crap
                  RXD X6002-15 -> X20-16 -> OBC/Cluster/ASC/other body crap
                  ^These two bridged under X6002 cap.

TXD2 X6000-88 -> X6002-17 bridged via cap with X6002-2-> X6031-4 -> X19527-7

Hot in ACCY/RUN/START:
                  front power dist -> X6031-8 -> X6002-4

TXD and RXD don't seem to have any purpose on a swapped car, they seem to be exclusively for E36 chassis stuff. According to the ETM, they don't connect to the ECU (Further reinforced by the fact the X6000 pinout doesn't list them) so the lack of anything on those pins makes sense.

Comment

You are my hero

But if as you say they aren't needed in a swap then there must be another reason I can't get diagnostics to work.

I'll have to check my grounds next.

Comment

Just trying to fill in as much as I can while Dave is super busy getting set up his bitchin' new shop haha

Hopefully going to have my car setup soon running this logging setup, I'll try to do a decent explanation of how to get an Innovate LC-1 to work with RR logger for tuning/logging purposes.

Comment

I'm interested in the connections on the 20 pin diag connector as well. I tried to plug my round Peake tool shortly after i got the engine running and it didn't seem to want to read it. I haven't really messed with it since as the OBDII connector seems to be working ok with my BT dongle. Would like to get the 20 pin connector functional in the near future though!
                        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                        '95 525iT
                        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                        '98 Disco 1

Comment

Interesting because my Peake tool doesn't work on my M52 car either, but RRlogger and INPA work fine via the 20 pin connector/obd2 adapter/INPA cable.

Comment

I can't seem to get the obd2 adapter to read anything. I am using the diag port adapter and a bt obd2 reader. I know the reader works, used it in my wife's car. I can connect to it when it's in my car, so it has power. What could be wrong that it doesn't get signal from the ecm?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sub'ed

Comment

I can't seem to get the obd2 adapter to read anything. I am using the diag port adapter and a bt obd2 reader. I know the reader works, used it in my wife's car. I can connect to it when it's in my car, so it has power. What could be wrong that it doesn't get signal from the ecm?

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X