My $600 Ebay Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My $600 Ebay Project

Spent $600 on a well running 87 325e from West Virginia, after getting it back home I had already started pulling the moldings off and fitting on my plastic bumpers. Here's where I am at so far:

bringing her back bit by bit :-)
    Last edited by cleansti; 05-19-2009, 09:06 PM. Reason: updates

part 2 more pics: ripping out the foul interior:

Comment

more progress ... i guess thats what I would call it:

Comment

This all happened about 3 months ago when I posted it on E30Tech, since then I have a new dash in the car, new heater core, blower motor, resistor. I have installed late model fogs and brake ducts as well as immaculate black door cards, next up is dynamatting the entire floor and finding some black carpet. Brakes go on next week, suspension bits here and there. Car started once I got the dash back in no problems. True 2.7L stroker kit in the works! Stay tuned, more pics of progress tomorrow.

Comment

updated pics, put door cards in painted handles with vinyl paint, painted mirrors, painted grills where wipers are, painting rear outer moldings, also fixed my replacement fender, there was about a inch and a half rust hole in lower portion and dents and knicks in front corner. My first attempt at body work I think it came out pretty well. Also pics of mint dash.

Also fitted fogs and brake ducts

Comment

nice work...

Comment

Good job keep it up.
              1989 325i - sold
              1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
              1990 325i

Comment

looking good!! I have been wanting a 4dr lately for some reason
                www.classicdaily.net
                1970 m42 swapped 2002
                1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

thanks guys, on a side note, anyone have any suggestions on where to get a carpet for a sedan, most places that sell molded carpets are for two doors, or I was planning on getting Dynamat? or FATMAT (anyone heard of this) to insulate floor and just getting a roll of carpet and custom fitting it to the car. the fatmat + roll of carpet is the cheaper more insulated method but obviously the harder choice. Can't wait to get my brakes done this weekend so I can at least pull the bitch out the garage and take a spin.

Comment

Looks like some nice work so far. I can't believe you found that in WV, the whole time I've been out there I never see any other e30s.
                    2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
                    1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
                    1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
                    1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

nice shift knob
                      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by cleansti View Post
                        thanks guys, on a side note, anyone have any suggestions on where to get a carpet for a sedan, most places that sell molded carpets are for two doors.

have you tryed...

:borg:

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
                          I can't seem ot find molded carpets for the sedan, either way I work for a BMW dealership in the parts dept so getting the stock replacement is not a problem, but even at 10% over cost its still expensive and I feel I can do a better job going with a proven sound insulator and cutting out my own carpet throughout at half the price, sure its twice the labor but I feel it should be worth it, no? any pics or threads of full floor restoration?

Comment

What did you have to do to get the plastic bumpers to bolt up. I thought they would only bolt up on the 88 and up cars. Nice work on your four door. I am working on a gletscherblau four door right now.
                            sigpic

Comment

I had to sawzaw the front tow hooks off and everything else was pretty much bolt up. Luckily my rear bumpers were already precut by the previous owner for the diving board to plastic swap so everything was pretty straight forward. The hardest thing was evening out the front bumper shocks so that the plastic bumper fits snug over the fiberglass piece, i ruined the used driversside bumper shock trying to mash it in. I guess it pays to work for a BMW dealership in the parts dept but even at my price a new shock is $90.

Comment

Working...
                              X