Meet Klaus. Paging euroshark and Sean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RealOem.com is your friend...
    go on there and you can check,trace, research your car parts on your own and it also shows you how to take it apart and how to put it back with the correct part and what order....

Comment

Thanks, I know about RealOEM. However, in the archives, some things are incomplete. For example, there is a picture of the AFM, it is listed as #4 of the described items, and then there are no liner notes for #4. Plus, I still don't know what's different about the euro car. So, with no Bentley (or even a Chilton/Haynes), the search for reliable info on a 25 year old car continues...
      Originally posted by chileelky
      amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

Update

So I got the windows working (all of them, Sean ;)) and the hood is back on so the next thing is to see about the ignition switch/other... I want to make sure I am getting the right pieces since I have a tight budget. The problem is that the car starts fine, but when I go to shut it off, it will not do so. Is my problem the ignition switch, or is it in the tumbler? Any help is appreciated :D

Comment

Actually, contact Blunt. Damn guy can get shit that You and I can't find!
          Originally posted by payney8
          We heard economics is american for card game t/f ? :P

Comment

Originally posted by neighborhood View Post
            Actually, contact Blunt. Damn guy can get shit that You and I can't find!
            I would love to do that, if I knew what to ask him for. Okay, who knows what is wrong if the car doesn't shut off by the key? Maybe I should text KGB... do they make you pay if they can't answer your question?

Comment

A little progress

Some more pics were requested by a few...

whole engine

The seats were anthrazit when the car was born...

Something should probably be plugged into Mr. Green...

Complete unopened German First Aid Kit - offer$?

Klaus wearing a lot of eye shadow

Parts should be here Tuesday to get him running better. Maybe then I can replace shit like this:
              Stay tuned...

Comment

That poor...... Poor, rusty bleed screw. LOL
                ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Yeah, that thing is a bit oxidized, eh? Fortunately, that is the most rusty thing on the car :)

Comment

What was wrong with the windows? I haven't touched my e32 since late March - the last month and 2 weeks of school this semester demanded my life! LOL

My right side ones don't work - I couldn't figure out if it was a relay issue or what - cause when I apply power to them directly, it moves.
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

There is a master override switch on the knee bolster that wasn't plugged in. It is before the breaker to lock out the other switches. Stupid. Now, after replacing the ignition switch and main relay, it still won't shut off from the key. Took a couple weeks off due to being pissed. Gonna work on it tomorrow, weather permitting. For your windows, check your fuses. Even if they look good, swap them. Also, swap switches around... sometimes they get stuck. However, I think the e32 is a whole different game when it comes to complex electrical shit. My car's problem is that it has been rigged.
                      Last edited by wagonizzle; 05-28-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Have you checked out http://bimmerboard.com/forums/e23/ I was using this last year while helping my buddy do his.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Have you checked out http://bimmerboard.com/forums/e23/ I was using this last year while helping my buddy do his.
                          Corey's 7 looks nice. I have been to that board; some very helpful and knowledgeable members there. I finally found the reason Klaus wouldn't shut off. Someone had twisted two wires together that they shouldn't have. Good timing for me to figure it out too; I think my e30 has a HG leak :(

Comment

I just sold my last set of euro lights for a big 7 a few weeks ago. That is a very helpful small community. I do have a set of new Bilstein e23/e28 sport tubes here.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by wagonizzle View Post
                              This is Klaus. 1984 Euro/bastardized 735i/A - VIN: WBAFH710207857676. Manual trans. Went in with a friend. Odometer stopped counting at 259,735. Runs its ass off. I think it may have a euro M30B34 and G265, but I'll have to get underneath of it and take some more things apart (and bone up on my early M30's).
                              edit: Nope, I thought it was an M90 car, it isn't. It's the 10:1 compression, European, 10:1 "dirty motor". Not the 3453cc "L" block M90.

Nice score though.

Originally posted by BDK View Post
                              RealOem.com is your friend...
                              go on there and you can check,trace, research your car parts on your own and it also shows you how to take it apart and how to put it back with the correct part and what order....
                              Yes, what he said is so true!
                              Last edited by flipwils11; 05-29-2009, 06:46 AM.
                              cars: E12 M535i, E30 325is, E46 325xiT 5spd

Comment

Working...
                              X