E30 Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Tale

I have been working on E30s now for a good year or two. It all started when my E30 Virginity was taken by an Alpine White 1989 325i.

A good friend of mine sold me the Car, not knowing its true potential. After I lowered it and did a full detail the car looked like this:

It was a beautiful e30 and I had put much work into that alpine.

I had neglected to change the tires and on a rainy day she got away from me. I avoided telephone pole and slid into a ditch.

I looked into getting it repaired, but most body shops wanted more than the car was worth.

With the help of a friends and a trailer, we set off to a strange place known as Alabama.

I had located a clean bronzit that seemed to be in fair condition. My plan was to swap the parts from the Alpine into the Bronzit.

The Alpine was gutted and the remaining parts were sold.

I put countless amounts of wrench time into this little bronzit.

I swapped the following : Engine, Front end, Rear End, Interior, and some other things.

I also ran into a wiring problem that took 3 weeks to figure out.

Even tho it was a bronzit I really liked the end result. ????? You Be the Judge of that.

I had recovered from the loss of an Alpine. I was happy the car was running great.

Just as all seemed well the unthinkable happened. I was driving on some back roads, not pushing it, when I came up to a corned going about 35-40mph.

The car felt as if it understeered, the only thing I could do was to straighten the wheel and prepare for impact.

I was devastated by this event, I did not hit anyone else nor was anyone killed.

At first I was puzzled to why my car did this......

Someone had called the police and I have nothing against police officers but this county was crooked.

There was a older and a younger cop, the younger cop was arguing with the older police officer not to give me a ticket.

I mean come on.... I had just totalled what I had put most of my time into.

I over heard them arguing about the one skid mark my car left.

Funny thing was that the skid mark was wider than my tire.

The cops being the way they were gave me the ticket and left me there.

My car had hit a ditch bending the Chassis.

It wasn't till a couple days later did I finally figure out the cause of the crash.

I had mechanical Failure on the passenger side control-arm. The ball joint popped out from the control arm and the strut folded under the car.

I later got an ASE Certified mechanic to look at an confirm mechanical failure.

I took the report to court and they dropped the "Failure to Maintain Lane" ticket.

Stay tuned for more.....

I will give more updates tonight when I get some more time.
    Last edited by Leeroy; 05-04-2009, 02:45 PM.

Transaction Feedback Thread:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=150103

So what now?

Comment

Che is alive and he drives an e30.

Originally posted by Leeroy View Post
      All jokes aside that sucks man. Hope everything works out and you get another e30
      Photoshop by O 16581 72452 5

Comment

Blake, we will fix new one up better than last two brah.

Comment

bummer :(

Now you know exactly what you're doing though. Third time's a charm. :D

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

Shit luck man.

Nobody was hurt and people have told me that that is the important thing.

Good luck finding another another one, and keep it out of the ditch.
            Matt

sigpic

Comment

I have found the new candidate for my build. It is an 1989 325is Black.

I found it out in the middle of nowhere, but thats where u get all the good deals.

I already have the bronzit fully stripped. Most of the parts of the bronzit will be used.

This is just a little teaser update. I am already more than half way through the project.

I just have to find the time to post all the pics I have.

Will update again later ton.

8)

Transaction Feedback Thread:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=150103

Comment

This thread is pathetic.

That is all.

Comment

damn chassis number three in what time period?? ahha

Comment

Blake, are you the one building the new collider in Atlanta? Is the world safe? LOL. See you at the Southeast Rally. Be sure to tighten the bolts on the flex disc.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

totally laughable. loving this thread! ha the quaters was a fixer on the alpine for sure. bu i guess if you have to have some one do it it casn get a little spendy

88' m3
                      91' 318is

Comment

basic maintenance seems to be your undoing in both situations, maybe less burnouts and more replacing wear parts

(thats a cool picture though)
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by travis816 View Post
                          totally laughable. loving this thread! ha the quaters was a fixer on the alpine for sure. bu i guess if you have to have some one do it it casn get a little spendy
                          Fix the rear? One side the glass was crushed and the other you could put your hand in through the rear glass.

The trunk was 2-3 inches to the left of straight from the body. Why would you repair that?

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                          basic maintenance seems to be your undoing in both situations, maybe less burnouts and more replacing wear parts

(thats a cool picture though)
                          1st wreck was driving too fast for conditions. He won't admit it but it was.

2nd I told him to swap the NEW front end parts from the Alpine(That I installed before selling) to the new bronzit.

No need to smack a guy when he is down. This time he is rebuilding the motor, rebuilding the front end, subframe and all bushings will be new.

Comment

Working...
                          X