This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwmaster81 View Post
    I have heard that a e90 break booster should be fine.
    E90 really? this is the first time I heard that one, details?
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
      E90 really? this is the first time I heard that one, details?
      Yup. Barry is running one in his car and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
        Yup. Barry is running one in his car and it works fine.
        Is it smaller? That part is way easier to get new, I would go with that if it fits!

Comment

Is it smaller? That part is way easier to get new, I would go with that if it fits!
          Its a little smaller and so is the master. Felt great when I test drove it. Pretty easy to install too.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
            Its a little smaller and so is the master. Felt great when I test drove it. Pretty easy to install too.
            Is it smaller then the 2002, that would be awesome and more readily available, so he used the E90 Master as well hmmmmm, I am liking this.

Comment

I think I may do a swap into my e24!
              sigpic
              Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

Looks like the E9x brake booster is about 8" diameter and looks to be deep enough to be dual diaphragm.
                -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
                  Looks like the E9x brake booster is about 8" diameter and looks to be deep enough to be dual diaphragm.
                  Hmm let me check the 2002 one I have.

Comment

That would be interesting to know, not sure what diameter the 02 booster is.

The stock E30 booster (non-ix) is 10" diameter. IX/E32 booster is 9"/8" diameter.
                    Last edited by wazzu70; 09-04-2017, 05:19 PM.
                    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Since this is the M54 swap guide, is anyone running an M56 SULEV aluminum valve cover with the integral CCV?

I want...

Comment

Hmm let me check the 2002 one I have.
                        Hey, did you get a chance to measure the diameter of the 2002 booster you have?

The E9x booster sounds intriguing!

Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                          Hey, did you get a chance to measure the diameter of the 2002 booster you have?

The E9x booster sounds intriguing!
                          Not yet I have been traveling, but thanks for reminding me, I will when I get back on Wednesday.

Comment

2002 is 8" in diameter. The e90 booster looks like a nice option. Brake lines will need to be modded to go on the other side of MC.

Chris

Comment

Nice. It appears that the E9x booster will be a tight fit! The booster does use a compact master cylinder, but even then, overall length of the booster + MC will be tight!

Anyone have pictures of an S54 being used with an E9x booster/MC?

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

E90 Booster

So I was able to install the e90 booster. It was a tight fit getting it in. I needed to move the fuse box over, remove DISA, and lift that side of the engine up an inch or so to get it in. Fits like a glove. The reservoir will interfere with the DISA, so I am looking into solutions....could do remote, modify existing reservoir, or find something that will fit. Since the E90 Mcylinder has the outlets on the wrong side, I ordered a used X3 MC that has the right side outlets, and is looking like the existing lines might even fit with a little persuasion.

So far, seems like one of the better solutions, as the parts can be found cheaply on ebay, and the booster should have better capacity than the VW/944/2002 ones.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X