325es Production numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325es Production numbers?

I have searched and emailed Mike Miller at BMWCCA. (He didn't know) Does anyone know or even have a very good guess, as to the number of 325es' produced and/or sold in North America? Better yet, how many with a manual?
    I understand that some were sold as 87 models with an "is" spoiler, but most are 1986 models only. Very unique model, kind of an oxymoron, an ETA with a "sport" designation! Mine is red with tan leatherette, 5-spd., Mark D chip, ix basketweaves etc. Super fun to drive, great torque, LSD etc.
    Not looking to sell (ever) but current or future value is always a fun exercise.
    Thanks all.

My ES is registered as an 87 but was made in 5/86, it also was delivered from the dealer with several optional extras as well as all the other regular "S " features,the cardinal interior is a little special too.The ES came with an IS style spoiler but the first ones only had two slots on the bottom instead of four like the later IS.This could be the start of an ES specific thread I have wondered how many different color combinations they came in and which are the hardest to find today.
    Last edited by 1843lamp; 09-19-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

We have a 5/86 build ES as well! Zinno / tan.

Comment

Originally posted by 1843lamp View Post
        My ES is registered as an 87 but was made in 5/86, it also was delivered from the dealer with several optional extras as well as all the other regular "S " features,the cardinal interior is a little special too.The ES came with an IS style spoiler but the first ones only had two slots on the bottom instead of four like the later IS.This could be the start of an ES specific thread I have wondered how many different color combinations they came in and which are the hardest to find today.
        dark blue with blue interior, manual checking in.only had it about 2 or 3 months but so far its been enjoyed.

Comment

A zinno/tan ES MIGHT be the most common E30 made, especially in the US
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Maybe Alpine/ black or tan?

Comment

The ES cowcatcher had less openings than the IS cowcatcher because of the oil cooler, or lack thereof
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The early automatic and manual ES only has the two brake ducts,the four duct spoiler was probably introduced with later production ES cars.It looks like all IS cars regardless,had the four duct spoiler...to make the point clearer,you would have thought the ES automatics would have been produced with the four ducts but apparently the need was not clear at that time but when the IS was introduced the ducts were added and even though many cars had the manual transmission the factory did not bother to change the spoiler to a two duct for those manual cars.
                Last edited by 1843lamp; 09-20-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

The es spoiler has two fewer openings than the is.. everyone knows this

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    A zinno/tan ES MIGHT be the most common E30 made, especially in the US
                    It may be the most common es made but not e30 made! es was only produced for one year. I assume you mis-spoke, otherwise you are just wrong.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Comment

What a weird thread.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

It probably is a good idea to not try and clarify anything previously said ...things could get worse.

Comment

How much worse could it get? Seemed like a legit question at the time.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Left is an 87 325eS white/black leather fully loaded automatic. Right is my modded 85 325e Auto with 2.7i manual conversion. Circa 1994. 'S' models were baller back in the day because there were no "S" package E30's prior to MY86. I remember guys in school were trying hard to make their 84 318i or whatever look like a 325eS/iS. We all were.

The eS is wearing it's original air dam with the 4 slots. My guess is due to BMW coming out with the 325iS in 87 as well so they consolidated the "air dam" into one version that could be used on both cars. As for how many were made...I have no idea. The production data (152000 325e's) I have doesn't distinguish between 325e and eS.
                            Last edited by reelizmpro; 09-25-2016, 08:40 PM.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Forget about Alpina, e30 M3's and 325is, the 325es might be similar to the e30 m3 in value due to it's illusiveness in production numbers
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                              X