What vehicle restrictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What vehicle restrictions?

Hey guys. One of the things I love the most about Kentucky would be our vehicle laws. We have no SMOG test. No restriction on tire size. Our tint law is very loose. I see so many people having to work and work and spend money on their exhaust set-up just to meet SMOG.

What are the laws for your area?

I have seen many cars with 10 wide wheels (Stupid massive poke) and no exhaust with all black tint.

I know Cali is the worst. But enlighten me.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Well, we just got tighter safety inspections for used vehicles in Ontario. No sure on the specifics... I haven't bought a car since 2012 here.

Cars older than 25 years are emissions exempt.

Things like tint, etc vary from province to province.
    Estoguy
    1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Cali, check out japan and or china, their laws are insane

Comment

I live in Flagstaff, AZ.

Vehicles laws here are incredibly relaxed. It makes being a car enthusiast very very easy. No smog, no inspection, no front plate, etc. etc. etc. I have been driving here for years, often times in my E30 racecar with dark tint and loud exhaust and I have never been pulled over for a car related reason.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          I live in Flagstaff, AZ.

Vehicles laws here are incredibly relaxed. It makes being a car enthusiast very very easy. No smog, no inspection, no front plate, etc. etc. etc. I have been driving here for years, often times in my E30 racecar with dark tint and loud exhaust and I have never been pulled over for a car related reason.
          That is nice! That's how it is here. No front plates required.

I agree some of the more JDM countries are insane. With nice benefits to driving a 2 year or newer car. Plus the Kei cars.... I love those things....

In regards to Opel- I have seen 1 Peugeot sedan in the States.
          20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

honestly, I wish we at least had safety inspections. you should see some of the cars on the streets here. And the diesels that "roll coal" can go fuck themselves. I'd rather listen to 10 fart can civics than one more lifted diesel with dual 8" exhaust stacks..

technically we have front plate laws here - but none of the cops here seem to care about my E30. I also don't drive like an asshole, though.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Around 2010 or so, they got rid of safety inspections. And as of this year, all cars made 1995 or earlier are now emissions exempt and no longer require an inspection sticker. No complaints, really.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                honestly, I wish we at least had safety inspections. you should see some of the cars on the streets here. And the diesels that "roll coal" can go fuck themselves. I'd rather listen to 10 fart can civics than one more lifted diesel with dual 8" exhaust stacks..

technically we have front plate laws here - but none of the cops here seem to care about my E30. I also don't drive like an asshole, though.
                I agree! I have been covered in that crap too. There's a video of a of a civic being painted by coal online.

I wish I had safety inspection. But then again I don't, because modified suspension is legal (or never looked at).

I truly believe that if some states were to have to enforce these laws, there would be a rebellion.
                20% Accurate

Comment

Legitimate safety inspections would not make aftermarket suspension illegal. Blanket laws that say they are not safe do.

There is smog here, but all it is is a sniffer test. If you pass, you pass. Doesn't matter how, whether your car is modified or not. I think technically you have to have a cat, but I'm not sure you could pass the sniffer anyway without one.

Snog took literally 5 minutes for me. Pull in, leave the car running. Walk to the booth, give them my info and by that time the guy in the garage already took the measurements and they tell you if you passed. Done and done.

Comment

THIS :hitler:
                    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

In Connecticut cars older than 25 years are exempt from emissions. We have property tax on cars here but if you have an antique plate you are pretty much exempt from that too. No mileage/insurance restrictions for antique plates either.

We went from plate reg tags to windshield stickers to nothing at all in a matter of 6 years

No safety inspection here, but up in Mass there is. Some cars here would benefit from the safety inspection due to the amount of rust you'll see. But I'm glad for my car because it's less to worry about.

Thankfully there are very few civics.. the salt killed most of them :D

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

growing up in michigan, we didn't have anything. people drove the most crapped out rusty mufflerless feeble pieces of shit...in the history of hoopty pieces of shit.

texas(big cities like houston at least) has inspections for safety and emissions for cars less than 25yrs old
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I always have penny's handy to flick out for these mouth breathers.

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            growing up in michigan, we didn't have anything. people drove the most crapped out rusty mufflerless feeble pieces of shit...in the history of hoopty pieces of shit.

texas(big cities like houston at least) has inspections for safety and emissions for cars less than 25yrs old
                            Nothing has changed since we both left. Its not much different here in MT no emmisons no inspections no one cares so long as the cops dont see shit falling off it. Though in my area they have a far better chance of running into the Orange Diablo that was parked at Safeway last week, Or the purple one I saw a while back, or the 56ish Porsche 356 I saw roaming about yesterday... Etc... We have lots of shitastic clapped out POS's that the winters and washboard roads just eat. Its worse in other parts of the state where there is not as much money relocating to, especially out on the High plains
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              Nothing has changed since we both left. Its not much different here in MT no emmisons no inspections no one cares so long as the cops dont see shit falling off it. Though in my area they have a far better chance of running into the Orange Diablo that was parked at Safeway last week, Or the purple one I saw a while back, or the 56ish Porsche 356 I saw roaming about yesterday... Etc... We have lots of shitastic clapped out POS's that the winters and washboard roads just eat. Its worse in other parts of the state where there is not as much money relocating to, especially out on the High plains

i'm probably going to get the shit flamed out of myself for saying this, but after leaving michigan and seeing how much safer cars generally are in states were there are inspections, it seems to make a fairly strong case for every state to at least have a minimum safety regulation for vehicles to comply with once a year.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                              X