No announcement yet.

VW Shurocko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my '79 in 1983 with 50,000 mi - newest car I've ever owned. Drove it to over 150,000, punk kids stole it twice in two years - second time they trashed it. The insurance company sent me a check and said bye. It was in the PNW and every paint chip had rusted badly.

Comment

My buddy had a mk1 when we were teenagers in the '90s. Started overheating so we took the water neck off, but the thermostat wasn't in there, it was apparently on the pump side. Too bad 2 of the 3 bolts broke off. We tried drilling/tapping, shitloads of RTV, but nothing would get that thing to seal up again. It overheated all the time, totally unreliable after that. Then randomly one day my buddy was super drunk and at 3pm on a sunny Sunday afternoon he went and did burnouts up and down his residential street for half an hour and when it still wouldn't actually die he drove it up into his front yard, whipped his dick out and pissed all down the side of it before going back into the house and passing out.
      sigpic
      1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

^ that's just the motivation I need!

There's a beaterish one on the local CL in boulder creek for 1k. Not bad for what it is. Gives you a chance to start from day 1 ;)

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
          ^ that's just the motivation I need!

There's a beaterish one on the local CL in boulder creek for 1k. Not bad for what it is. Gives you a chance to start from day 1 ;)
          I bet he would take $800. If you could get it for that price, it would be worth it especially since it comes with extra seats.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Working...
          X