Shipping sport seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping sport seats

A big dilemma for a lot of us is how to ship sport seats. Many great buys are not achieved because it is not easy sending something of that size across the country. Having done it a couple of times, I will share the easiest method I have found.

1. Purchase a wardrobe storage box from Home depot. These are about $15.00.

2. Wrap the seats in plastic heavy duty trash bags. You will need to remove the headrests and wrap them separately.

3. Place one seat in the box upright and the other upside down with the headrests in between.

4. Secure the box with duct tape. Wrap the tape around the top and bottom of the box several times. The total weight will be approximately 98 lbs.

5. Greyhound freight will be the quickest and most economical. The weight limit is 100 lbs. so do not add anything else to the box.

6. Shipping will cost between $120 and $160 depending on destination. Delivery times vary. The usual eta from coast to coast is 6-7 days.

Hope this helps.

Good tip! Especially for those of us that don't live in e30 hotbeds like on the west coast.
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I recently used ShipNex for shipping a set of wheels and tires across the country. Total weight was just shy of 200 lbs. Company prepared labels for me. Ship time was 5 days from west coast to east coast.

Shipping cost was 250 dollars. More expensive than Greyhound, but the packages were picked up at my office and dropped off to the buyers doorstep.

If a little extra cash spent for convenience isn't an issue, this is another option for big stuff!
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

great tip! Def not something worth while doing if someone were to offer you like "how's $200 for the pair shipped to my door?" LoL
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I had a pair of sport seats shipped to me and they each arrived in its own 24x24x24 uhaul box. The seats were just tilted forward to fit.

What I've found it that 2 smaller boxes will cost less to ship than 1 super large one. Another good example is wheels. 1/3 less to make 2 boxes w 2 wheels in each rather than all in 1 box.

Again, check bikeflights.com
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
            I had a pair of sport seats shipped to me and they each arrived in its own 24x24x24 uhaul box. The seats were just tilted forward to fit.

What I've found it that 2 smaller boxes will cost less to ship than 1 super large one. Another good example is wheels. 1/3 less to make 2 boxes w 2 wheels in each rather than all in 1 box.

Again, check bikeflights.com
            this.

the wardrobe uhaul boxes taken to fedex. shipped as 2 pieces. the last time i did this, it was 120.00. it arrived in 2 days.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
            X