s54 no crank issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredK View Post
    Weird. I haven't seen a BK/WT/YL wire in an E30 before. Is this an early E30 M3? So that connector goes from C200 pin 10, and terminates with that connector? Does it look like there's a corresponding connector anywhere else?

7/87 build date
    Yep...exactly. No other plugs like it in that area. Just the black/yellow wire (that goes to s233) that was cut and taped right above it.

Comment

I was just thinking about this... could that been part of a BMW dealer installed alarm / immobilizer?

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        I was just thinking about this... could that been part of a BMW dealer installed alarm / immobilizer?
        I definitely didn't remove anything like that when I pulled the s14. It has been a couple years since I pulled it, so I'm thinking maybe there was some other wire running to the starter separately that I don't remember. I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
          Has EWS been disabled in the ECU? And you have all 5 connectors on it? ?
          Should I take this as if EWS is deleted I still need the EWS box and key/ignition ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave V View Post
            Should I take this as if EWS is deleted I still need the EWS box and key/ignition ring?
            No, ews is deleted in the DME. You won't need anything extra

Comment

Working...
            X