Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    How old is your PC?
    3 weeks? It's a 750ti - But I run triple monitors on that one card - nothing else - kinda amazing actually. And I wanted to ditch my older quadro card that was a power hog. With 32 gigs, an ssd, and a quad core overclockable 3.5(need a better CPU cooler to try that) - I'm sure I'm fine!!!!

Enough about PC specs - I just want to know what software to buy!
    Last edited by george graves; 04-20-2014, 03:07 AM.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

No need to over clock your cpu, its pointless, don't listen to the internet. Otherwise sweet setup, if you still want a CPU cooler to cut down on noise get a noctua.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

A couple videos from work; first is a about 10 seconds hanging out on the ramp of the c-130, second is dropping bombs about 35 seconds in

sigpic

Comment

Here's some pics I took over the few years I worked at the Erie "International" Airport.

Rainy Morning at the Airport by JHolowienko, on Flickr

Hiding from the Storm by JHolowienko, on Flickr

US Dept. of State Sikorsky by JHolowienko, on Flickr

Continental Dash 8-300 by JHolowienko, on Flickr

Night time at ERI by JHolowienko, on Flickr

ERI Tower by JHolowienko, on Flickr

PA Army National Guard Blackhawk by JHolowienko, on Flickr

Mobile 15 Brooming 6/24 by JHolowienko, on Flickr

Night Time at the Airport by JHolowienko, on Flickr

Continental Dash 8 on Takeoff by JHolowienko, on Flickr

Part of the equipment I operated while there

ERI ARFF Fire Bay by JHolowienko, on Flickr

Erie Int'l Airport Oshkosh Striker 1500 by JHolowienko, on Flickr

My normal ride

Erie International Airport Police Tahoe by JHolowienko, on Flickr
          My Eta Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            3 weeks? It's a 750ti - But I run triple monitors on that one card - nothing else - kinda amazing actually. And I wanted to ditch my older quadro card that was a power hog. With 32 gigs, an ssd, and a quad core overclockable 3.5(need a better CPU cooler to try that) - I'm sure I'm fine!!!!

Enough about PC specs - I just want to know what software to buy!
            Well, it sounds like you're not looking for combat sims, so you're down to the two main Flight Sim's on the market. X-Plane 10 and Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

I'll start by saying I suggest going with X-Plane 10. FSX was released in 2006 and it really shows. No 64-bit or multi-core support, so it's quite taxing on systems. Both titles do have a ton of third-party support, FSX especially. That's actually one of the main reasons I've yet to move to X-Plane as FSX has a lot of incredible Warbird add-on's.

Both sims do take a decent bit of work to get them looking really pretty, but it seems like X-Plane is the easier of the two and quite a bit cheaper. FSX can end up costing you some serious coin because pay-ware scenery and aircraft tend to add up quickly, while most add-ons for X-plane are free.

Here's a Youtube channel I would highly reccomend to try to get a better grasp on X-Plane vs. FSX and just flight sims in general. The guy knows his shit.
            **JETLINE SYSTEMS** My Sim PC is a custom build from Jetline Systems (www.jetlinesystems.com). The specs are Intel Core i9-9900KF Z390 Aorus Ultra Motherboard 64Gig Corsair Ram EVGA 2080 RTX 2080 TI FTW **FLIGHT GEAR** I often get asked what gear I used to fly. It really depends on just what I'm flying! Most often it's MFG Crosswind Rudder pedals, and either a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, or a combination of VirtualFly's Yoko yoke and one of their throttle quadrants. http://www.thrustmaster.com http://www.virtualfly.com

And here's a recent one on X-Plane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-sovv8WeZE

As for flight yokes, the Saitek Pro Flight system is the only reasonable yoke and pedal combo that I know of. I've got it and I've fairly pleased with it, but there are some annoyances.
            75' M42 Powered 2002
            AW 318is

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              Burlington and Westfield are a NEAD's unit North East Air Defense, They were participating in exercise.
              cool! thank you
              1987 325is Black/Black
              -Stock (mostly)

Comment

Oh hell yes! FiFi the only flying B29 is coming to Napa in June. I think its photo opp time. http://www.airpowersquadron.org/#!napa-ca/c245m

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

I know ^^ it's coming to Seattle as well.

Inside of one B-29

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

It will be a sight to see at Oshkosh this year with both Fifi and Doc making an appearance. Two B29s in the air at the same time for the first time since what, the early 80s or so? The restoration on Doc has it looking beautiful, all polished aluminum (that is a lot of aluminum to polish)

Has the B29 at Boeing field been uncovered? (last pic I saw had it cocooned in white plastic wrap still).

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

I saw Fifi in 2012 at Oshkosh; beautiful plane!

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
                        I saw Fifi in 2012 at Oshkosh; beautiful plane!
                        If you think Fifi looks good, take a look at Doc. http://www.b-29doc.com/index.php the pair will be an impressive display.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

BF-109

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

It is one of the coolest jobs in the entire U.S. military, "Booms" as they are affectionately called, are the folks who directly provide sustenance to America's thirsty air power as the gas station's of the sky. From flying over war zones to fueling top secret experimental aircraft, being a Boom is truly a dynamic…

If you haven't read this yet, read it. It is bad ass.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                              http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/con...-op-1578048155

If you haven't read this yet, read it. It is bad ass.
                              good read.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

So I bit the bullet and bought a ride on Fifi next month. The cost of a seat? $$$! The opportunity of a lifetime, priceless. Yes, I'll have pics.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X