Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(NC) FS: 1987 BMW E23 L7 - No Longer Available

(NC) FS: 1987 BMW E23 L7

For sale is a classic 1987 E23 BMW L7, the Luxury model of the E23 series. Clean title. Prior owner was a BMW mechanic that maintained the vehicle and kept up with its service intervals. Since my purchase the car has been serviced at Foreign Accents in Greensboro, and I have kept all of those receipts. Regular oil changes. The car received a complete respray in the summer of 2011 using the Burgundrot Burgundy Red 51 91 1 907 212. The car is virtually rust free and underneath is clean. Only rust found is on the driver side front fender at the very bottom near the door. The car does have minor dents and dings and a few paint chips. There is a small 6'' crease below the driver rear door, which I tried to show in in the pictures.

Automatic with roughly 230,000 miles (The odometer stopped working a few months after purchase, and stopped at 210,700). The grey leather interior is in great shape for its age. L7s also come with a leather wrapped dash, center console, and headliner. The seats are all perfect and soft and there is no cracking or stiff material, power seats work great. However, the driver seat needs a cable fixed to correct the slant. In addition, the HVAC does not work (common E23 problem).

I have the original wheels with TRX tires in storage, but the car is currently sitting on BBS Style 5?s, which were rebuilt with new hardware. The lips are polished and the centers are in the original factory finish. Center BBS/BMW roundel stickers need to be replaced.

The brake pads were replaced when I purchased the car, but a few months ago Foreign Accents replaced the front Brake calipers, pads, rotors, master cylinder grommets, and flushed the brake fluid.

Previous owner stated that new Bilstein shocks were installed in the front and rear (Early 2014). He also stated that the motor was recently gone through, oil changed regularly, that the engine did not leak any oil and runs very strong. Engine bay is dry, all seals are in good condition, belts are solid, new distributor cap, spark plugs, ICV, air filter and coolant overhaul including new radiator. The car has a slight skip at idle, which I believe is a cracked vacuum hose. This does not affect the performance of the car. The SRS airbag light is on also.

Some of the parts I have replaced since my purchase in 2014 include:
    New Pioneer headunit with Bluetooth connection to your smart phone in addition to the cd/radio/usb/aux functions.
    Exhaust replaced with single muffle and no cat (Spring 2015).
    Euro plate.
    Waterpump, radiator cap, and hoses replaced (Fall 2014).
    BBS Style 5 wheels w/ the bolts and Goodyear Eagles. Aluminum Hubcentric rings. (July 2015)
    Automatic Shift knob replaced.
    Low beam headlights replaced with city lights (city lights not wired).
    ?red out? taillights (Summer 2015).
    Clear turn signals with amber bulbs (Spring 2015).
    Reman front calipers, new front rotors, and pads. Brakes bled and brake reservoir grommets replaced (June 2016).
    New hood shocks, roundels, and oil cap (Winter 2016).
    Pass window motor replaced (Jan 2016).
    I have new oil filters, the original headunit, and original wheels and tires to go along with the car.

The L7 is really fun to cruise around town and gets many looks. I?d like to pass this along to another BMW enthusiast. I?d love to keep her, but I purchased a newer car that gets better gas mileage because my job requires a lot of back and forth driving. In addition, I?ll be relocating and won?t be able to take this car with me as a project/toy. However, I think someone on here could find time to throw in a 3.5 M30 with a 5 speed?

Pictures with factory wheels were upon purchase (2014) and pictures with BBS' are from this year.

Asking $4000 obo. Feel free to PM me or call/text (336) 745-7303.

List Date: 8/31/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: (NC) FS: 1987 BMW E23 L7
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by Antrieb325; 09-14-2016, 04:32 PM.

Very cool, that interior is mint, GLWS!

Comment

Anymore recent pictures? Beautiful car.

Comment

There was a member from New England looking for a nice example. He wanted a 745i but a clean example is always a good starting point.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Bump! Need to sell, so I lowered the price to $3,000 OBO.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Car looks phenomenal, GLWS!
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Thank you! Bump!

Comment

Working...
                X