Half the dash went dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half the dash went dark

Last night half my cluster went out. The tach and temp gauge are dark. Is that just one bulb or do I have a different problem?

check your fuses, happened to me and it was a 7.5 amp fuse that was shorting due to the rear licence plate lights grounding on the frame.
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
      check your fuses, happened to me and it was a 7.5 amp fuse that was shorting due to the rear licence plate lights grounding on the frame.
      Fuses all check out just fine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Happened to me the other day, gave the dash a good smack and it hasn't turned off again since lol.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Happened to me the other day, gave the dash a good smack and it hasn't turned off again since lol.
          This method worked. One smack on the side of the dash and it came right on. I laughed my ass off. F*ucking e30s.

Comment

Originally posted by imjusthere View Post
            This method worked. One smack on the side of the dash and it came right on. I laughed my ass off. F*ucking e30s.

glad I could help
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
            X