Engine Bay Fuel Lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Bay Fuel Lines?

I have a 90 325is and I'm in the middle of an engine rebuild. When I disassembled the car, I found that the previous owner had replaced the rubber fuel lines in the engine bay. Unfortunately, he decided to use non-EFI fuel line so these need to go. My concern is whether or not he eliminated any parts when doing this and what the correct routing should be.

Here's what I have:

I have a feed, a return, and a carbon canister vent line. I assume this is exactly what I should expect to see.

I have a later-model fuel rail, with the feed and return at the same end of the rail.

Should there be anything in between? Real OEM shows all sorts of stuff that doesn't really look correct:

Do I need this? Where would this mount?

Anyone have pics of the correct routing from the hard line to the fuel rail?

Thanks!
    - Darrell

2001 BMW M5
    1990 BMW 325is - Build Thread

The extra items shown on RealOEM were fuel pressure dampers. Some of the earlier cars had them. By now most have rotted through or have been proactively removed with no ill effect.

That junction piece is not needed. I'm not sure what purpose it serves as the fuel lines are easy to disconnect right at the rail. It's just another place for potential leaks. It was not present on any of my cars.

Route your new EFI capable fuel lines directly from the metal lines under the car up to the fuel rail where they will not contact the steering linkage and use the correct fuel line clamps and you will be golden.
    Last edited by 101; 12-31-2016, 06:36 PM.

The E30 collection:
    1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
    1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
    1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
    1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
    1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
    1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
    1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
    2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
    2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Thank you!
      - Darrell

2001 BMW M5
      1990 BMW 325is - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X