I need help with the belts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with the belts.

I can't figure out how to get the belts on the pulley's for the A/C, alternator, and power steering. All the adjusting bolts and brackets are broken so I can't move them. I was wondering if anyone knew a trick to get them on without using the adjusting bolts and brakets.
    -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
    -1990 325i sedan

Brackets and bolts are cheap, get that shit right so your car does not suck.

The stock shit is awesome, easy to use and solid.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      Brackets and bolts are cheap, get that shit right so your car does not suck.

The stock shit is awesome, easy to use and solid.
      Apparently not these adjusting brackets since they're so easy to break.

Can you send me a link to buy them? I can't find them anywhere.
      -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
      -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Does anyone else have as much trouble as I do putting these stupid belts on?
        -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
        -1990 325i sedan

Comment

One time my power steering belt just came off while driving. Loosening the bolts that hold the power steering pump wouldn't make it budge. Robert at e30motorwerks had a hard time moving my pump, but he managed to move it just enough to get the belt back on.

Anyway, here are some realoem diagrams of the mounting stuff needed:

Alternator Bracket: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...00&hg=12&fg=21

Power Steering Bracket: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...13&hg=32&fg=15

Air Conditioning Bracket: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...18&hg=64&fg=50

I checked ECS and they sell the alternator brackets in packs of 5 hahaha

Pelican Parts sells them individually.

Comment

You are loosening the bolts the alternator, etc pivot on - right?

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
              You are loosening the bolts the alternator, etc pivot on - right?
              Yeah. I just have a problem with the A/C condenser and the power steering pump. The A/C hit the block before I can get the belt around it and the power steering just doesnt budge at all.
              -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
              -1990 325i sedan

Comment

I also need help with the belts

Hi all,
                Noob here, stymied by the power steering pump belt on my 1989 325ix. Nothing is broken (I think), but I'm having trouble identifying the bolts that need to be loosened so nothing does break. Am I correct in thinking that #11 is the only bolt I need to loosen before trying to turn #13? Thanks in advance.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X