No announcement yet.

Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it. I'll look into it once I'm ready to jump into audio.

Anyone have any photos of a
    Bluetooth unit mounted in their glovebox or somewhere else hidden? Trunk, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -ALaS

Comment

^ lots of people do it for their classic muscle cars to keep a factory looking radio in the dash

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Smart. Maybe they could even wire the buttons to have some function. Like volume etc

-E
        -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by federal View Post
          Clarion FZ102e.. Best I've found! I've searched a lot..

[ATTACH]91489[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]91490[/ATTACH]

Looks and sounds really nice..
          Hi, I very much like the way the Clarion blends into the interior. But I noticed the output is only 4x20W whereas most other units put out at least 4x50W.

Is this enough when not using an extra amplifier? I read the poster saying it sounds great but it just seems not much compared to all other units I see.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by juls0r View Post
            Hi, I very much like the way the Clarion blends into the interior. But I noticed the output is only 4x20W whereas most other units put out at least 4x50W.

Is this enough when not using an extra amplifier? I read the poster saying it sounds great but it just seems not much compared to all other units I see.

Thanks

For stock speakers is enough, better than oem hu.. but of course, a Pioneer hu would sound better.

e30 mtech2 cabrio bbs rs

E30 M3 RESCUED

Alpina C2 REP

instragram e30company

Comment

Originally posted by federal View Post
              For stock speakers is enough, better than oem hu.. but of course, a Pioneer hu would sound better.
              Thanks for your reply. I´m planning on installing new speakers also so I will go for a different head unit than the Clarion. The Pioneers look a bit too futuristic in my opinion so I dont know yet which one it´s going to be. What a shame that the Clarion is so weak.

Greets

Comment

It's a bit modern, but i've seen worse in an E30. Has variable button and screen color, so it actually matches pretty well.

Alpine CDE164BT

'89 318i Touring
                '90 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
                  It's a bit modern, but i've seen worse in an E30. Has variable button and screen color, so it actually matches pretty well.

Alpine CDE164BT

That actually doesn't look that bad. I've been looking at the cde-143bt but seeing how this one looks I might go with this one.

Comment

I just installed the Kienzle MCR-1016 BT mentioned earlier in this thread:

Day shot:

Night shot:

First impression: I quite like it. It fits the decor well in the car while bringing modern features to the car. Also, installation and setup was a breeze. For approx. $150 including shipping it isn't too shabby.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

Continental TR7412UB-OR

I had this installed in January. I think it fits very nicely and keeps the car looking stock while adding modern features like bluetooth, usb and aux connectivity.
                      What do you guys think?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	continental radio compressed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	7185270

Comment

Originally posted by chris325i View Post
                        I had this installed in January. I think it fits very nicely and keeps the car looking stock while adding modern features like bluetooth, usb and aux connectivity.
                        What do you guys think?
                        [ATTACH]107669[/ATTACH]
                        Not bad at all.
                        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Any way to change the lights to amber to match the BMW interior?

I think this would fit very nicely

Comment

FM/AM/DAB Radio with CD and Bluetooth®A modern radio/music player with Bluetooth® phone connection in a classic-looking wrapping. A perfect choice for use in classic sports car vehicles. B

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by chris325i View Post
                              What do you guys think?
                              [ATTACH]107669[/ATTACH]
                              Any info on where you got it? Model?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowB0und View Post
                                Any info on where you got it? Model?
                                It is Continental TR7412UB-OR.
                                I got the same unit from EBay.
                                It was shipped from Germany.
                                I think it is about $200.
                                Overall, it is a very good unit for the E30.
                                The USB port was picky though.
                                It would not recognize my 32gb thumb drive once the unit was restarted, and I had to re-insert the thumb drive everytime I start my car.
                                Then I found out my old, no-brand 2gb thumb drive resolved that problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X