• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD FL 91 325i ls1 swap 5 lug SOLD

1991 E30 LagunenGrun LS1 Conversion
    138,000 On Chassis-No Rust Florida Car

SOLD!!!
    Offers and trades welcomed. Pricing is negotiable.

No Heat, No AC, No Emissions
    The car is a blast to drive, it has no traction and burns tires in low gears.
    It is surprisingly well balanced on the track (my instructor words), the engine runs strong, I put about 5000 miles on it of street driving.
    The car needs a new paintjob, it's plasti-dipped now, it's originally metallic green, the driver door, sunroof and hood are white from another car, the sunroof was rusted while the door and hood were keyed in so much that replacing them was easier.
    I put a lot of time (about 1 year) building this car, I will fully disclose any issues the car has to the buyer such as paint problems, interior seats that are very worn out and torn.
    I have an e36 rack and will give all the parts I have for the car to the buyer, including an extra set of CV Axles.
    I personally built the car and will show you how everything was done and what improvements can be made for the car.

Interior
    • AKG Clutch Pedal Bushings
    • Pioneer Head Unit
    • T56 Tremec White Shifter

Exterior
    • IS Style Lip Spoiler
    • European Grill
    • Hella Headlights
    • 25% Window Tint

Suspension

• BC BR Coil overs
    • New Control Arms (lemforder)
    • Condor Bushing (COB, RTAB,SUBFRAME and DIFF)
    • New 540i Motor Mount
    • Standard T56 Trans Mount

Engine
    • 2002 LS1- Stock Long Block -80,000 Miles (from Camaro SS)
    • SNS Stage 3 Cam Kit
    • All New Hardware with the Cam kit, new retainers, valve guides
    • New GM Oil Pan Gasket
    • LS2 Timing Chain
    • New Timing Cover Gasket & Seal
    • Tuned By- LSX Performance in College Station, TX
    • LS6 Valley Cover & Gasket
    • NEW O2 Sensors
    • Custom 4.5” Intake w/ K&N Cone Filter
    • OEM New Water Pump
    • OEM Truck Alternator
    • Custom 2.5” True Dual Exhaust
    • Spal 16” Low Profile Fan
    • Modified OEM Engine Harness
    • Lokar Throttle Cable
    • e36 CX Racing Radiator

Drivetrain
    • 2002 F-Body T56 6 speed Transmission
    • NEW GM Slave Cylinder
    • Spec Stage 2 Clutch
    • Remote Clutch Fluid Reservoir
    • Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter
    • 3” Custom Chromoly Drive Shaft w 3120 Joint
    • Rebuild 3.73 LSD with 3 clutch conversion
    • 2nd Differential Mount Reinforcement

Brakes
    • Front e46 m3 calipers and rotors
    • Akebono Euro Pads
    • Rear e39 540i aluminum rear calipers
    • E46 rear rotors
    • Custom Made ALU Brackets for calipers

Fuel
    • Walbro 255 In Tank Pump
    • WIX Corvette FPR

Wheels & Tires
    • Sleeve 5 lug kit, with e36 front wheel bearings and hubs and z4 rear wheel bearings and hubs
    • 17X9 17x8 BMW Alpina Wheels
    • Front & Rear 235/40 17 Nitto NT05
    • Motorsport Hardware 75mm Stud Kit w/ Lug nuts
    Last edited by apiazza2010; 10-16-2016, 11:48 AM. Reason: Clarity
    LS1 91 325i - BC Coils, e46 m3 brakes,style 32 17x9, Red Plastidip, H/C/I

Last edited by apiazza2010; 07-01-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

You have PM.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

The car is back up for sale, I swapped the cv axles for catuned HD ones and I have almost all the parts for a 5lug swap! The car is currently in Melbourne, FL about 1 hour from Orlando

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump ! Car is for sale
              Last edited by apiazza2010; 07-01-2016, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I understand the price is high, don't be afraid to make offers!!

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Bump new price

Comment

Love seeing LS swaps. GLWS
                      90 325i TrackRat uncaged

89 ZinnoRed Riot 325is

13 Cognito PPEI Duramax

Comment

Did you swap steering columns? I know that with the sikky kit you can't use the airbag column

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did not, I made a shaft that is a lot smaller than the original one using two e46 shafts.
                          Garagistic now sells one:
                          Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

It clears the exhaust without a problem
                          I did not use silky kit, I used Garret's

Comment

I am interested in finding my own e30 and LS1 and attempting this swap, but your ride seems like it could be a better starting point. I have some questions.

I understand why you might omit the A/C, but why did you not retain the heat? Was it a coolant plumbing issue? Maybe the original heater core leaked? Simply another complication that would potentially keep the car off the road and unable to hoon?;D

What would be next on your to do list?

How difficult would it be to remove the plasti-dip should the future owner decide to spend some coin on a proper paint job?

Car looks nice, I like your wheel selection and I am impressed with your fit and finish in the few pictures I've seen. Is there a build thread somewhere?

-I

Comment

Honestly the only reason I did not plumb in the heater is because I live in florida, and the lines are a pain to get to with the motor installed. The heater core did not leak when the original m20 was in the car, and I did not mess with the dash. I do have the heater hoses to run the lines, I think I can get it plumbed and working in less than a few hours.

The AC was not added primary for cost reason, AC compressor and bracket for LS cars a expensive, not including the fact that custom lines have to be made with the correct GM pressure switches. It's definitely feasible and easily done, just expensive.

The plasti-dip is easily peeled off, and the areas that have it thin on, either the spray wd40 or the Dip remover they sell online, both work really well.

If I had the time to continue the project, I would get fender flares, that way the car can be lowered a bit more with the current tire setup. I would also get custom made long tubes, to really make the cam and head swap shine.

Comment

Working...
                              X